Quick Post

Estie's Intro

Estie's Intro
  • Hello,

My name is Estie, I'm 23 I work full time, am a student part time and I recently purchased a horse. I live in Washington State in the Seattle area. Spirit is an 18yr old quarter horse appendix. I have a picture of him on my profile. I am slowly rehabbing him from a poor situation he was in. He was very thin and had no muscle mass. I also had the vet check him out and he said it looks like he broke his pelvis at one point. So I have had his teeth done, his feet done, both were terrible and I have him on supplements, grain, and beet pulp. He has gained weight has a beautiful coat now but still needs much more muscle. At the moment I have lunged him 3-4times a week which has helped and I rode him for the first time on Sunday and we went around the arena twice each way. It was hilarious because the entire time I was so scared that he would fall because he seemed a bit off balance and then I go to dismount and my stirup fell off and I tumbled down! All I could do was laugh. He is such a sweetheart and the perfect horse for me because I am a beginner. I started taking lessons last July and now that I have the pefect barn (my trainer and I have moved around a bit) I decided to buy a horse. The boarders at my barn are so helpful and patient and the barn owners are full of knowledge and don't mind sharing. They are even letting me use their saddle. I am very open to help since I am a beginner so if anyone has any advice on building muscle please let me know.

Thank you,
    Estie
  • [quote=girliegrl507]
     I also had the vet check him out and he said it looks like he broke his pelvis at one point.
    [':o'] You skimmed right by this one! That's amazing that he recovered from a broken pelvis!!!  And he's been cleared to ride?  I hope you plan on taking it easy on him.  Does he do normal kicking up his heels stuff in the pasture?  Fascinating! Bless you for rescueing him.  He's a beauty!
    AND welcome to the forum!!!
  • He is cleared to ride at walk and trot, no fast corners and not up hill or downhill. The lady who had him before me had him for 2 and a half years and rode him. ':)'
  • It's a wonderful thing that he will get the pleasure of being on the trail.  He is lucky to have found you! ':)'