Quick Post

Hello from Upstate NY!

Hello from Upstate NY!
  • Hello all!

My name is Sophie, I live in the middle of nowhere.  :P  It's nice up here.

I've been riding since I was about seven, and have begged for a horse of my own since I could talk...that hasn't happened yet.  >.<  But I do lease a Paint/Arab mare from the barn where I ride.  Her name is Sparkles(she's a spoiled brat), and I've been with her for about four years now.  I also volunteer at a local thoroughbred adoption program(all those adoptable horses I can't take home...)

I'm a senior in high school.  I hate it. 

Oh, and I'm in no way an expert on horses.  I came here to learn, so if I start rambling on about this or that and I really have no idea what I am talking about, just tell me to shut up. 

That is all, hope to fit in.  =)

..sophie

• You fit in already!  My BFF has a horse she leases - it's a partial lease.  For years, too!  So that's really great you have Sparkles!  I bet SHE feels like you're her girl!
    VERY cool you work with the adoption place!  I have 3 OTStb's.
    DON'T hate high school!!!  You're at the top of the food chain, now!!  Gotta get the most out of it!!

ANYWAY, welcome!  No one here knows everything so we can probably learn from YOU!  [':)']
  • How far upstate are you? I live in Orange County in the Hudson Valley! I love meeting fellow new yorkers
  • Welcome to the forum, Painted rider!
  • I live in Ontario County, about an hour away from Rochester.
  • Welcome to the forum!  Bet it's cold up there compared to here in Southern Cal where the oranges are just getting ripe ':)' 

Hang in there with HS.  My oldest just went off to college and is absolutely loving it.  Better days ahead!

Pictures of "your" horse???