Quick Post

Yet Another Gizmo update! :-D

Yet Another Gizmo update! :-D
  • ***UPDATE***
    I Fixed the links!!!

I've been spending almost every morning at T.I.E.R. playing with Gizmo and helping out with basic chores.
    Gizmo had a breakthrough...
    first...
    here he is tied to the fence while I clean his paddock...
    (Yes I called him Demon)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFr9q_BRDSs
    Now.. this is Gizmo After I cleaned and threw out his orchard gr**** hay...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf9DHNTHEas
    He is calm, eating and most importantly NOT trying to climb me.
    He was gelded on Thursday and has been SOOO much easier to work with.
    and for kicks here is the video I made the day we brought him home...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLGbHEKOuKE
    He is coming along very nicely and when we bring him home we're going to put him with our shetland as she will teach him how to be a equine.
  • Hum, youtube says I can't watch the video. Something about malformation....

Well, thanks for the update. I'm glad he is coming along so nicely. Can you post regular pictures?
  • Yeppers, I got the same malformed video message.
  • I get the same message - but since i've seen it already ':)'  looking good!
  • I wasn't able to see the videos either, but it sure is great news that Gizmo is doing so well!
  • I Fixed the links! I don't know why they wouldn't work but theses should :-D
  • The first 2 work. The last one doesn't.

Just thought you should know that I laughed so hard (and evily) that my sister came asking what was up!

You are a brave girl. I saw those pined rabbit ears and thought what is she walking into. Then when I say you next to him with out a halter in the second one I thought you where braver still. I was waiting for him to pop you! 

So if you wind up hurt I sure do hope you post that bloodly mess. Then I can giggle some more. But not at you... at.... OK at you!

You always make me laugh.

Great job with Gizmo. He is really coming along.
  • Glad to hear that Gizmo is doing so much better !
  • Glad to see he is doing better!  Sounds like little Gizmo can be a gremlin at times though.  LOL.
  • Awww he looks great, and that's awesome he will let you stand next to him now while he eats, man is he ever cute!  You are doing a wonderful job with him!
  • GO GIZMO GO!

I am one of your #1 fans - so glad you are where you are.

All4, I don't understand the place he is at.  What are they?  What do they do?  Showing my ignorance here!
  • He is at a local rescue that volunteered to allow him to stay for a spell while he de-hormones... we couldn't keep him with us while he was intact.. we have 4 mares lol...  plus his behavior was too unsave for the kids to be around. 

• Donkey Gizmo is very cute! We only have one out here, but she is the sweetest little thing. Once she learned we were not going to eat her she started acting like a puppy. Follows us around the&nbsp';p'lace and has yards of 'big critter' attitude.\

Cudos to you for helping Gizmo out.
  • Oh.  I thought he was staying at the rescue.  I didn't know you have 4 mares.  I thought your donkey days were over.  I was surprised when you got him.
  • I thought my donkey days were over too but we couldn't leave this little guy where he was. 
    The rescue can't keep him as they are hurting fincially like most small rescues are right now.  I've been going there daily to help "G" the rescue's operator with daily chores and feeding as she has been forced to take on a full time job to keep the rescue going.   So I have been donating my time to help her out and as a thank her for letting Gizmo stay there. 

This is where he is staying http://www.tierrescue.org/  its a wonderful little rescue thats just hit some hard times.  Actually I have a friend in scotland that just donated $50 to them after reading Pilgrims story on their website. 

SO in a few weeks Gizards is coming back here he'll be turned out with our shetland and she'll teach him how to act like a equine until we find him a new home.  We don't plan on keeping  him forever as we really don't have the room but we just couldn't leave the little guy there.

I'll prob still go over to TIER once ina while even after Gizmo comes home.  I offered to help her get two of her PMU mare that have been there since they were foals so they'd be more adoptable as they are 7 now and unridden.