Quick Post

October 1

October 1
  • Gosh September was a long month?

Glad to hear from Face.
    We have friends in both North Carolina and Virginia.
    They have checked in safe but say the devastation is horrible.

Stude I hope that container is empty.

Did 3 rides on Tex over the weekend.
    He is an excellent mount.
    Except for wild hogs. He has had a couple incidents of running away backwards.
    Now he just starts shaking. He did stand calmly and watched some running at a distance last evening so progress.

Going to move on to getting Prize out on the trails.

Everyone have a great week.
  • Yeah, it's empty.  I had to pull a ton of hay out of it and all kinds of storage.   Doing this by myself and it's way too much like work!

• I have a sister-in-law in NC we still haven't heard from. She lives in a hard hit area, not far from Asheville. We have heard from her daughter so we know all family is OK in the area. We are going to SW VA next week and would normally go thru the Ashville area, not this year. Large sections of I-26 and I-40 are closed and currently they are saying they will not be open until sometime next year. The flooded hospital was around I-26 in TN and I-26 bridges were completely destroyed.

• Well, the container has defeated me.  I have to figure this out.  Tomorrow will be time for me to beg from the county for a few more weeks.  I think it will be needful to have a local tow company move this for me.