Quick Post

Wednesday Weather

Wednesday Weather
  • is finely cool enough for riding so we shall.
    This morning I am taking Tex.
    He really needs a bath, not sure if it will be before or after the ride.
    Prize is a piggy also, another one that sleeps in his poop?

We had a rain shower yesterday afternoon that they took full advantage of rolling in wet dirt.

I hope everyone is having a cooler midweek.
  • Oh boy, can I understand the poop mattress!  Socks is so named because he has three stockings up to his knees.  Usually some shade of brown or green from sleeping in his poop.  I would bed his stall except that he then uses it as a latrine.  So, bare hard floor or the sandy patch at the very back of his corral.  Which just so happens to be where he poops.

Speaking of Socks; he has a swelling in his sheath.  Won't let me handle it, so I have enlisted a friend who will hold his hand (leg) whilst I examine it.  Oh... joy!  

Well I hope everyone has a great day!  I'm off to violate, um... examine, yeah that's what I meant, my horse.

• Stude - Both Jet twice and Tonto once had sheath swelling.

I didn't find anything so actually just rode them both and swelling went away.

Good luck.

• I had one that needed sheath cleaning at least once or twice a month.....Used a calf feeding bag with warm water (think hot water bottle with a hose) and baby shampoo.  NO OIL OR GREASE.  He was fine with it.  HE would not extend so I had to go up in...plenty of room and he did not even require anyone at his head after a while...bean hunting not my favorite sport.