Quick Post

Wednesday Worn Out

Wednesday Worn Out
  • I am tired.
    I have been staying up too late.

Yesterday I went to the Lutheran relief quilting.
    My grandmother used to take me when I was very young.
    Back then I cut the yarn for tacking.
    I found that a dear friend belongs to the group here and she invites me.
    I helped tack 4 quilts. It is an activity being added to my monthly calendar.

I worked Prize the last couple evenings.
    I hadn't ridden him in about a month.
    He was full of himself Monday evening but I got him settled quickly.
    Last evening he started out much calmer.
    He has retained everything we have been working on.
    Very smart and a fast learner but also gets bored quickly.
    We worked on keeping head down while backing.
    Hoping to get him out on the trail again soon but we have 100 degree temps again.

Tex needs trimming but I just don't have it in me.

I hope all stay safe.

• finally cooler temps here...Rain called for all weekend and folks have hay down....so much dew it is going to be a challenge for them to get it in dry.

Started PT  Tuesday.  Sure hoping it helps...with the surgeries I had last year, I stopped doing almost everything and my muscles have suffered.  Got to get strong enough to get the saddle on Cherish's back or get a lighter saddle...and this saddle fits me perfectly.

Hope all are well and safe.

• Our ladies group does quilts for Lutheran Social Services every year.  They will often sell two or three to cover the costs of making the rest,  I would like to get one but haven't had the money when they come available.  They had a Log Cabin pattern a few years ago that was really beautiful!

The weather has cooled down here as well.  It was in the eighties today.  The thunder heads were doing their rain dance around Shasta today.  They'd pass over, rumble a bit and move on.   No rain even for the dust.  

Well, the issues with Fawn Lodge are taken care of.  Looks like all the garden plumbing issues are taken care of in Oak Run as well.  Both gardens are now getting a goodly amount of water and doing much better.  The underperforming well continues to frustrate and cause problems though.  

Went by a friend's place to get water yesterday.  I have plenty for now.  Thinking of going by Harbour Freight and picking up a pump to transfer the water from the small tank into the big one.  It will make things much better.  Particularly since I'm getting potable water to begin with.  Will need to make a trip tomorrow or Saturday.

Just no energy of late.  Need... new... batteries...

I hope everyone had a great hump day and the rest of the week goes well.