Quick Post

Happy Fry-day sizzle!

Happy Fry-day sizzle!
  • Ah, the joys of summer in California.  We go from wet, cold, and muddy to dry and oppressive heat.

Still working on getting the water system reestablished in Fawn Lodge.  At least I have the small tank back on the trailer and conveniently located outside my trailer.  Running water line and getting things set up again is a slow, sweaty process.  So glad I don't have the horses here presently.  But then, Oak Run isn't a whole lot better due to the well not producing sufficient water.  If it isn't one thing it seems to be another.

I'm glad my roommate isn't here in Fawn Lodge.  That solves a usage problem.  All I have to do is fix the transportation problem.

I hope everyone else has a better weekend.

• I, too, do not deal well with heat + humidity.  Does not exactly please the horses either.  At least I have water although the filters are needing to be changed.  Son might be here today or tomorrow to change the filters and do a few other things if he has time and the rain holds off...we had some rain overnight but not much.

the Fan in the peak of the barn is not working as it should....the fan comes on with the wall switch but the louvers are not opening so that means, do not use the fan for fear of burning it out....someone can climb the ladder and open them manually but that someone is not me.

• Connie, when you have that 'someone' open the louvers on the fan, have him thoroughly lubricate them.  It may just solve the problem.

• Thank you for the tip.  Son will be back here sometime today...his son climbed the ladder and opened them...I will suggest that...hopefully they can get it so it works off the wall switch .  I am sure it is dirty and dusty from the cobwebs it got since last year.

• Ah, the joys of home/barn ownership!  #:~D)

• Yes and Grandson returned the truck while I was in Church so no chance to ask him to climb up there and clean it...maybe next weekend?  at least it is running and there is some air movement in my windowless pole barn.