Quick Post

Wednesday Wish

Wednesday Wish
  • I could get all these ponies out together.
    Timing is the issue.
    I have to be here to supervise and during morning preferable.
    I have errands today.

Our vet clinic decided they no longer do after-hours or weekend calls.
    Hope my horses abide by that new rule. What the heck?
    I take Tex in for teeth Friday. Maybe I'll query how many clients are leaving.

Don't have any good names in my pocket for you Connie.
    Silk didn't stick?
    Black, Shade, Night, Raven?

Have a great day.

• Our vet did the same thing a couple years ago. He would make comments that he didn't know what he would do when Lauri retired, one of his vets. She retired, he hired a couple replacements then after a couple years let all his vets go and went to routine visits only. No emegencies.  We thought long and hard about what to do. In the end we switched. We wanted a practice that would know our horses and be the ones we would call for emegencies. Using one vet for routine and and finding someone else for emgencies didn't make sense. We figure in an emgency siutation a vet operation that knew us and had us in their system would be best.

• It is hard here, too, to find a vet that makes barn calls...I am established with a semi retired vet who will for old customers like me...she does my annual shots and with a cow vet who does my cats and dogs....he will do horses and does do emergencies but is not super fond of lameness diagnosis....I can deal with that.  A new vet in the area (10 miles) does do farm calls but have never used him...have met him and like him.  As we age and , worse yet, our vets age , it gets harder.

Been playing with names since she came...Last night, Cherish came to mind...she evokes many cherished memories of horses past and this just might work for her.  She is SHEDDING.  What a ton of hair already off and so much more to go but she no longer looks like a curly,,,or a cushings.  She is a bit of a barn plant...she doesn't care where Tessa is but Tessa sure is concerned with her.

Today should be cooler.  A blessing.

So good to be back here.

• Yes Connie glad you are back.

Cherish is a pretty name.

Thought Ink-a might be cute.

• I like Cherish too.  Then again, Cherish (by the Association) is my fave song from the  '70's.