Quick Post

Friday after a sweet Thursday with

Friday after a sweet Thursday with
  • the black horse.  I still have no name but am leaning towards Silk.  Yesterday I put her in the paddock and Tessa did her best to assert her superiority and leadership over the gate.  Black mare was not impressed and not threatened.

I tried fly spray...she stood like a statue.  Then squirted her with the hose...she was fine.  First a hose bath and then a shampoo bath...she , again, stood like a statue and was fine with it.  Very sensible mare.

next step will be to saddle her and adjust tack...after that mount if it seems prudent.

Supposed to have a heat wave next week...not my favorite thing.  Of course, getting a bit tired of the rain.  At least the pastures and hay lots are thriving.  Saw my neighbor yesterday and made an agreement for him to mow my pasture.

Hoping all are well.  So sorry for all horses we have lost.

• Congrats Connie.

Silk is a nice name.

• Tessa knocked down my stile and escaped from the paddock.  Then she cornered  the black mare in the run in and proceeded to double barrel kick at her.  I was doing a stall so I was there, went over, got Tessa and put her in a stall.  Black mare seems to be okay.  Later, I went over and saddled her up, bridled her, took her in the paddock and got my mounting stool and leaned over her...she seemed okay so I  rode her two laps of the paddock and then untacked her.  She could have been better, a bit forward, but not trying to get rid of me...she just might work.  if not, I was talking with the man in KY who trucked Tessa to me and he has a mare he wants to rehome after their family camping trip.  She is a foxtrotter from the sounds of her gait on the road and is safe, if she is a bit of a mover it is okay as long as she  takes directions from her rider...we will see.  Tessa should count herself lucky she is not on a trailer headed for today's horse auction.

I am just a bit long in the tooth to deal with horses with an attitude.

Have a great day everyone.