Quick Post

Hideout Hot

Hideout Hot
  • We have 100*s forecast for the week.
    Nothing going to be happening here in the heat.
    It will be humid also.

Happy hiding.
  • Oh dearie me, I hope the oppressive summer heat holds off here a while longer!  That's not what I want to deal with right now.  Besides, it gets above the upper eighties and my tomato plants will go sterile, so no toe-may-tea-oes!   That would be a tragedy. #;~P  Bell peppers don't like it either.  As long as the plants have set fruit, I don't mind. 

Met the new neighbors day before yesterday.  Spent the better part of an hour chattering away with him.  Seemed like a really nice fellow if typical of a S.F. Bay Area type.  Yesterday we were cutting up a mess of trees that had dropped on the driveway out to the pump house.  I've been working on and off with it for months.   New Neighbor drove up in his nice new and expensive ATV to have a temper tantrum that we were "trespassing" and basically threw us off the property.  We didn't give him any guff, just left.  However I do have to go back to work on the pump house again.  We need that water.  Likely he'll insist on some kind of legal tussle at this point.  It also looks like he's going to be a problem with other issues as well.  I don't get people.  He got a screaming deal on the property (like one third of what the market value is).  Some people are never satisfied.

Still working on the tractor, or waiting to anyway.  I need a specialized pair of needle-nose pliers to remove a spring clip and bought one off of e-bay.  Took the fellow nearly a week to get it sent off!  So here I am still stuck waiting.  I must confess though.  Such a nice little tractor is very decorative sitting in front of the shop. #:~D  However I'm sure Jmebear is getting impatient to get it back.  So it needs to get completed.  The pliers have arrived in Oak Run (the seller wouldn't send to a P.O. Box) and I'm going to pick them up tomorrow.  Then the project with the tractor can get back on track.

Started building my planter boxes finally.  Three months after the target schedule.  Oh well.  Just had to buy larger, more expensive, plants.  Grabbed one of the Nursery people and dragged them around looking for tomatoes and peppers that are tolerant of heat.  One box is complete with three more to go.  Will be filling this one and then start on the next.  Then I have to fence the area.  Deer, you know...

Well I hope everyone has a great day.

• Sorry for my long absence.  A month ago I was so sick I didn't feel well enough to take myself to the ER.  Finally checked with DR who said to go to ER.  I did not.  Made arrangements for the dog and cats and horses and finally went to ER.  Seems I had a high white count and an enlarged gall bladder...also an issue with some blood in the wrong places.  Long story short, had to see surgeon.  Then Gastroenterologist since primary said I need an endioscopy.  Gastro agreed but then I had to see Cardiologist to see what he said...next step Echo Stress....waiting on the results of that.  Meanwhile, back at the barn, thinking of getting a horse to keep Jade company although she seems happy alone.

Hope all of you are doing well....sure understand miserable neighbors...we had one at the other place who used our land but objected if someone visited us and parked on them.

Not sure I should have this dog...she is getting HUGE and only 7 months.  Has pulled me off my feet only once though...so much exuberance.