Quick Post

Sunday Should

Sunday Should
  • be able to ride.
    Our rain chances for today have evaporated.
    We are too dry, unlike Stude.

Friday we took down 4 dead trees.
    Live oaks that succumbed to the drought, oak decline/wilt, the great freeze.
    Or a combination of all.

A friend needed firewood so she gets all of it.
    There are many more that still need to come down.

Yesterday's plan got cancelled so i worked on cleaning a cabinet and laundry.

I am not getting the pop-up thankfully.
    I hope everyone has a super Sunday!
  • I can understand the dealing with dead trees.  Between fire and drought, we have a lot of dead trees here in Fawn Lodge.  Mostly pine and some fir.  The oaks are built closer to the ground and burnt in the fire ten years or so ago.  THEY recovered beautifully, growing up from the rootstock.  The pines were partially girdled and the lack of water since hasn't helped them.  We have whole stands of fir that have died from lack of water, or the neighbor has anyway.  We've been cleaning up what we can get away with.  However he has a fit when we take his trees down.  HE doesn't want to be bothered, but we might get some use out of the wood and that annoys him.  I'd say the majority of Firs on this side of the canyon have died and about half of the pines.  Again, some from the fire and most from the drought.   Hopefully this winter will help.  Unless we get more snow though, it won't help a lot.  I'm conflicted a lot with that as snow makes getting out of here much more complicated. I have yet to get my roommate to understand that wet wood doesn't burn well... he doesn't get it.

Actually saw the sun briefly at dawn.  Now it's back to a thin cloud cover.  Hopefully not much rain today and I can get something done before leaving for Oak Run.  I desperately need to do laundry.  Also really miss my kiddos.  Particularly Socks.

Hopefully I can get the roof completed for my Carriages.  The tarp currently covering them is about done..

Well, I hope everyone has a great week ahead and a blessed Sunday.

EDIT:

Well, got busy on the carriage shed roof.  I'm building it Japanese style.  Roof first then the legs and walls.  This is on the frame from a Harbour Freight fabric Carport.  Yeah, kinda weak, however the roofing is plastic (PVC) and I'm only using a minimal amount of wood as stringers.  Should last twenty years or so as that's how long Jmebear's pony barn has been around.  She used similar materials.