Quick Post

Mine That Bird Going to the Preakness...

Mine That Bird Going to the Preakness...
  • I am worried about that - but who am I to say?  I am a nervous nelly about all of this - but anyway - this is not about me!!!!  Here you go.  I am saying prayers for this gallant gelding.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/05/sports/othersports/05racing.html?_r=1&emc=eta1
  • May he have a safe race!
  • Sounds  like his trainer is going to take it easy on him. I would love to see him win again. Just how exciting would that be?
  • Horse racing is a hard one for me. I enjy watching anything with a horse in it. I thin we all take risks with our horses. And the more competative we get the more we take. I beleive that it can be taken to far for the saftly of the horses. But I also beleive that the are being asked to do things that is beyond there ability. Yes, safty first. But I think we are all responsaible for our own mounts. Being sure that we are not pushing them beyond what they can handle. To me this is a people thing, morals, more than what they horses can or can not do. 

I'm looking forward to the race.
  • I only watch the big 3 and the last few years that's been hard.  I sure hope he has a safe trip!