Quick Post

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving
  • Wishing everyone a great Thanksgiving. We will head to one of our son's for dinner that lives in the are. We are taking care of a friends horses as she travels to Maryland for Thanksgiving. We have our 5 and her 3. Wife and I will split duties this afternoon to speed things up and get to our son's on time. He says we are eating at 4, we don't believe it. :-) He is attemtping to smoke a 25lb turkey on a charcoal grill, something he has never done. We have our doubts. Meanwhile we will be baking a ham. 

• Thank you Face.

Good luck wishes on that turkey.

My thought is Thanksgiving is never the time to try something new turkey-wise.

I did however find a fantastic new scratch cornbread recipe. It will be stellar in Pilot's cornbread dressing.

He is also doing game hens and I am doing mashed and gravy.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• planned, cooked and served our dinner.  now the leftovers are in the fridge, the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and the outside cars are fed.  Whisper is done also and she appreciated the peels and cores created when i made an apple salad.

• My son's turkey was awesome. I told him I had my doubts. He is an engineer and everything he does is after a lot of research and study. So he pulled it  off.  A picture was sent when it was done and it looked a little scary though! :-)