Quick Post

Sunday slight

Sunday slight
  • chance of rain. It is still muddy here.
    I wish the rain could go where it is needed.
    It has been windy, damp and chilly.
    We have a cold snap coming and then a stretch of sunniness.

Cat is staying so far. He has an owie on his back foot but nothing serious.
    I have not found his hidey hole yet. But he greets me every morning and evening.

V is here for a couple more days. She held Sarcee while I trimmed her.
    It went well. Hooves are still soft from standing in muck.
    We hopped on Jet and Tex for a quick and very cold ride.
    It was the one thing she wanted to do while visiting.
    I surprised her with a gathering of friends after the ride.

I hope all are well and safe.
    Have a great Sunday!

• Here we go again!  So far the towns of Paradise and Magalia have been entirely wiped out!  That's over thirty-thousand people displaced.  The death toll is... staggering.  This fire is only 25% contained and over a hundred thousand acres burnt so far.  It has burnt down the mountain so far as to cause evacuation orders for the city of Chico in some parts of the city.  They have a population of over a hundred thousand.  Butte College is in the fire zone and I don't know if it survived.   It almost seems like a judgement of biblical proportions on California this year.  Strange thing is the most damage is occurring in the areas least fallen.   Or it feels that way anyway.  Funny how this one started right after the election too.  

Sorry about the apocalyptic ramblings...

I do hope everything is okay down China Lake way.  We haven't heard from Hunter for a while.

Looks like our Grumpy Princess is going to a new home and we will be getting in a little Shetland mare to replace her.  Crystal is a bit much for Jmebear and she has been for sale now a while.  Her new home will be south of Sacramento, if this works out.  We shall see.  I'm going to miss her.  However she will be getting a home where she can be kept much busier than here and that's something Crystal really needs the most.

I'm going to be out of touch for a few days.  Fawn Lodge hasn't internet anymore.  No more dial-up.  I hope everyone has a great week.