Quick Post

Friday already?

Friday already?
  • Going to ride today.
    We have rain forecast all next week.
    I hope we get some.

Tomorrow is the funeral for our pilot friend.
    I hate for her that they waited nearly a month.

Farrier came on Wednesday and worked with Lucky Boy.
    He was not doing well having done six horses on Monday for the first time in months.
    So it was good for Lucky Boy to help on ours.
    They did Tonto and Jet. Who were extremely patient.
    And also Lucky Boy got to trim Miss Sarcee who has THE hardest feet ever! in the whole world.

I had done Tex a few weeks ago myself enough to get him by to ride.
    We had skipped everyone waiting for Lucky Boy to be out of school.
    Miss Chica will need some attention next month.

Farrier was really having a tough time. He needs to get his shoeing muscles back.
    We checked on him later Wednesday and by yesterday he said he felt much better.
    I think he finally crashed after the loss of his wife. Hopefully he will be on the upswing.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!
  • Last night I was getting ready for bed when my left leg started to itch forward of my calf, shin I think they call it?  Anyway, when ya got an itch, ya scratch it, right?  Not when the itch is a blistered Varicose vein!  I felt the skin tear over that blister and thought, well that'll be a mess.  I had no idea!  Looking down I saw an impressive pool of blood that was rapidly enlarging fed by a stream pouring out of my leg!  Tried to do a compression bandage with my father's triangle  and it didn't work.  So, I put my thumb over the leak in the dam and limped my way into the house.  Got up Jmebear and we spent the night in the emergency room.  This morning I dislodged the bandage accidently and another pool of blood on the bathroom floor.  It's re-bandaged and I made an appointment with my doctor.  I'm going to have the remaining four dealt with.  Lost a lot of blood and feel like crap tonight.