Quick Post

Cupcake anyone? We are loading up as soon as Christy gets off the phone

Cupcake anyone? We are loading up as soon as Christy gets off the phone
  • to go look at Cupcake the Choclate Shetland Pony with flaxen mane & tail for our 5 & 6 year old grandsons.
    15 YO. 10 to10.2 hh, slicked out & looking good by the description. Has ridden a child born with a closed head injury, parades, shows, on stage at the Christmas pagent last year with no problems, dead broke & calm.

If this pony is everything the lady says she is, Cupcake will be coming home with us today. If so I'll post pics when we get back.

LOL, Christy is excited! She's bouncing around like a cat on a hot tin roof! To tell the truth, so am I. I am so looking forward to getting the oldest boy in a saddle with us.

Wish us luck!

• Could this be a sounds-too-good-to-be-true story?  I hope Cupcake is everything they say he is because that's a valuable little guy right there!  Can't wait to see pictures!  He'd sure have a fine home!  Hope the Harley and Rosie like him! ':)'
  • Well we are delayed leaving here for a bit as the owner has a boyscout function this AM. Waiting for her to call when she gets back home.

LOL Hunter, I hope so too. We've all been told stories by folks selling horse. I'm sure Harley will like her, from what we've been told she looks like a mini draft. Mama & Rosie will be the ones to watch. I'm sure they would stomp around a bit, snort & carry on like most old mares will then calm down

Donkey will be excited just to have a buddy her size! LOL.
  • We saw that you posted again and thought maybe you brought cupcakes! ... can't wait to see pictures and crossing our fingers he's all the gal says he is. 
  • Sure hope Cupcake works out, Dave. We have a miniature horse who is 39 inches at the withers my grandson rode but now too big for Dinky. So Dinky is a pasture pet, but he rules the other horses. They give him lots of space and stay out of his way. ha. Nothing like taking the kids with you! So hope it works out!
  • Well, the lady was way off on both her color and size. I think Cupcake is closer to 11.2 to 12 hh. We will measure her tomorrow evening. Yes, she is resting peacefully in her new stall talking things over with the new herd!  She looks to be a smoky black with silvery mane and tail and few white marks on her face. 

She is just too cute! She was all sweaty after her trip in the big red pony eating box, but she walked out of the trailer calm & collected right out into the round pen.

She does have some history of grass founder so she can't be turned out until we get a grazing muzzle.  Her front hooves have founder rings and some ridges but she obviously recovered well.  We checked her feet really well and there was no heat or signs of pain.  The daughter rode her around the barn lot in a halter and lead rope and trotted a little with her.  She's fat and out of shape so it was more of a waddling trot. LOL

Next weekend we'll surprise the grandson!

The herd left her in the barn and now she's out there calling with her cute little babyish winny.

So everyone, meet our Cupcake!

• Hello???? (Enter empty echo..........................................)
  • She's freaking adorable!  I'm sure the grandsons will have years of horseback fun ahead.  You guys are such cool grandparents.  Big thumbs up!!
  • She is sooooo cute!  Makes me miss our roly poly pony from a couple years ago!  What beautiful coloring too.  Can't wait to hear what your grandson thinks!
  • Cupcake seems to be doing fine. We started the introductions last night with Donkey out in the round pen. There was a lot of walking circles, glancing over shoulders, troting and snorting around between the both of them but nothing agressive from either so we left Cupcake & Donkey in the rear paddock with free range in & out of the barn before we went to bed last night. I awoke this morning and looked out to check. Yep, they were both asleep on the ground backed up to each other butt to butt. LOL.

Tonight we introduce another to the little pony girl...........hmmmmmmmm, which one should it be?
  • they were both asleep on the ground backed up to each other butt to butt

Where's a camera when you need one!  My forum was down all Monday afternoon and Tuesday.  Not sure why but I wasn't the only one.

I'll hopefully see the pics when I post this reply.....
  • OH!  VERY cute.... lovely, really!  I'm so glad you got her!  I'm sure getting her in shape will be the best thing for her health.  Founder scares me.
  • [quote=hunterseat]

Founder scares me.

Me to Hunter..........we are picking up a grazing Muzzle for her so she can run with the big horses out in the pasture. The rest of this week will be socializing one by one with the rest of the herd.......er string...errr whatever ya call em! LOL.
  • Congratulations Harley Heaven family.  The new addition is beautiful and glad to see settling in real well.  Better have the camera posed for the introduction this weekend.  This is just wonderful.

I too was closed out of the forum.  Glad we are back as I was missing everyone!
  • What a cutie! I couldnt get the forum to come up either and then I had to go out of town for two days so had to check and see "the rest of the story"! Cupcake is adorable and sure glad she is settling in! Our Dinky doesnt like the trailor either. Too short to see out but rides ok when you get going. Know the grandsons will love her!!