Quick Post

Friday - relaxing day off or???

Friday - relaxing day off or???
  • I do have a lot to do. Boy is off. I want to get some yard work done but it's a bit drippy out there. We can work on his new place. I want to do shelf paper if he tolerates it. :) I have to deal with "I want that bed" person who thinks the bed boy is using is better than the one he's using (they're identical). So that might have to happen. ugh. So maybe not as relaxing as I would like.

My friends are in Hawaii posting pictures. I can't believe I only stayed there a year but I guess that was enough. The pics are of the best of Oahu not the slummy areas. I have to keep my perspective. Durango Grandma is prepping for a big move. I've volunteered to help her if she needs me in any way.

No word on jobs. I do want that Denver job REALLY BAD but I'll do what I have to for my final years of employment. There's that job in the middle east that would pay REALLY GOOD with no taxes and no expenses at all. I could save enough to purchase a small property outright... tempting but the dogs. :( sigh. I really was considering - even applied but boy talked sense into me. I sure cant' leave these dogs with the morons in this house. They cannot follow directions on feeding and the dogs are struggling with weight. Ticks me off no end, let me tell you. ah...relaxing day off
  • I went to the barn the other morning and one of the 2 x 8 boards between the mares was broken...kicked from Bella's side to Whispers.  joy.  so I moved the straw out to the third stall...lots of bales with strings broken.  What a mess to move and frustrating to try to fix.  Got it done, only took and hour and a half to move over two dozen big bales.  Seems the strings had been chewed by a rat.  That straw was not well combined.  I saw the rat.  Thankfully, only saw one.  I tried to get him with the pitch fork but he headed into the pile of bales I had just stacked.  Need to get the trap over there.  Now there is peace in the barn.  Whisper approves and Bella accepts.

Bella had a hissy yesterday when I put Whisper out while I did her stall so maybe they will get along

I guess some mares are very territorial about their homes.

Listen to your son, Hunter.  Unless he can take the dogs, he is wise to tell you never trust the rest with them.

Today is the day we commemorate the crucifixion.  Sunday we get to celebrate the resurrection.  I am thankful.