Quick Post

Tuesday, right?

Tuesday, right?
  • I've been thinking it's Wednesday all day long. Even after I realized and was relieved, since I have so much going on tomorrow, I still was walking in the house this evening feeling like it's Wednesday. What's wrong with me?

4 day weekend this weekend. yay! I want to spend the whole time in NJ but I'll probably come home Saturday. Sorta gets me when I leave and then see pictures of her riding on Sunday. even though they're closed on Sundays. Oh well. They've adopted out a lot of horses. So glad.

Anywho I did contact a rescue about a senior I just had a good feeling about (dog). When Teddy goes, Carmy will be lost. This little boy is about her age and size and could be a good distraction for her. I expect another year or two for Teddy and probably (hopefully) 4 or 5 from her. I can hope.

Not a happy subject. I got my oldest (deployed) son's address and got him a card. I was writing it out talking about this same subject and thought "how cheery". Ah well.

Sorta down. I'm bummed about this relationship, honestly. I wanted it to be what I wanted it to be. And it's not. Phooey. Life goes on. More adventures out there. Maybe in Alaska. WOW I'd be foolish to go up there when I'm complaining about the cold her in CT! lol

I hope everyone has had a lovely Tuesday.
  • You know, I wonder if Whisper has been suffering from a type of Separation Anxiety.  Arabs generally speaking don't take being handed around very well.  They are often a one-person horse.  It could very well be that her previous owner put her out and then never came back.  Hence, she was afraid you would do the same.  She has finally found you are coming back to get her (not some stranger who hauled her off to another strange place).  So now she is feeling more secure about going out alone.

Just my prognostications about something I know next to nothing about.

• Stude, I have wondered about her anxiety also.  She was fine while Skidder was here, she would even go down to the pasture and leave him in the barnyard.  Unless she was born with them, she has super manners and is so easy to be around.  She could very well be worried she will loose "her" person again. I appreciate the input, you know far more about the breed than I do.  She is a pretty special girl and I am so happy that I changed blacksmiths.  She was never off with the old one but, hard for me to put into words, she seems to have a more free way of moving now.  More bounce in her step and the front feet are at the same angle.

We will see how she does today.  We should be in the forties so she can go out without her blanket.  Sun and fresh air.  When the snow melts she starts looking for green grass so there is hope for her to find her way down to the pasture.

• I made Whisper go out today.  I put some second cut out for her and she was happily munching that when I left.  She ate some but not all.  When I went back over to put her in, she was basking in the warmth of the sun...a first.  No panic'd running back and forth in front of the barn.  No screams of "let me in" when she spotted me.  She did meet me at the gate but she was relaxed.  Maybe, just maybe, she is finally getting used to being out alone.  I do put her out on sunny days but she usually tries to keep me from leaving the barnyard and then panics before I get back.  Today all was calm.