Quick Post

Wednesday it wasn't

Wednesday it wasn't
  • suppose to be this hard!
    Tex seems to be the one really going after Tonto.
    So Tex is staying locked up today?

I am not sure how bad Tonto's vision is so I plan to put bells on Sarcee.
    She seems to be taking care of him in the pasture as best she can.
    I know Tonto is ok with Jet.
    So if I have to switch bells to Jet occasionally it should work out ok? Any thoughts?????

Tonto is very bonded to Chica but Chica is leaving in a week for training.
    I can move Jet and Tex to Ever After when Chica leaves. And leave Tonto and Sarcee here.
    Onto can't be there with longhorns and limited vision.

It will cause a lot of moving around to do rides but can be do-able?
    This puzzle is hurting my head.

I hope everyone is having a good week.

• Is there a way to split the pasture into separate fields?  Might be easier than trailering  every time you want to ride.

We have rain, still.

Whisper is doing well, she is sound, but still swollen.  Not as bad as in the beginning, but still a big knee and ankle.  She needs to get out and move around but she likes company if she goes out and I am not keen on being out in the rain.  The vet wants her leg kept clean to help avoid infection and we have mud with this rain....Can not see her leg staying clean in that environment.  In the barn, she trots from her stall to the hay stack.  Not a huge amount of exercise in that 15 foot jog.

Some one in the western part of this state is  cutting back on their gaited herd.  She has twelve gaited horses she wants to sell.  Says buy now or they go to a sale.  She got worked over by a "family safe" horse she bought a few years ago and it messed her vertebrae up big time.  She trains and now she is certified to train trainers and wants to return to India  and work there.  She has a TWH stallion, black and white overo with great color and had been breeding some walkers.

I need to figure out something for the cat deck.  The wind blows the rain in and it isn't exactly a dry shelter for the outside kitties who prefer there to in the barn.  The three in the barn love their quarters.  Fresh food and water every day, a straw mow and hay mow to play in plus access to the shed down the side of the barn full of more hay to play in.  Last night two of them decided that the half empty hay bag was a great toy...I usually refill it for the next feeding but left it so they could have their fun.