Quick Post

Thursday again, already

Thursday again, already
  • That means a long day for me.
    Where did this week go so fast?

Wednesday was our ranch call with Doctor M. The M stands for marvelous. He has been with the practice for a couple years now.
    Everyone got dentals, coggins and vaccs,

I did laundry and watered some yesterday. Everything seems to be throwing out one last bloom for the season.
    Saturday is suppose to be a cold morning with chance of our first frost.

I hope everyone is well and safe. Have a great day!
  • All this talk about winter weather and I'm sitting here with my main door open and only the screen door.  It has been in the eighties and right at ninety all week.  All the talk on Facebook and here about frost arriving seems surreal.  So I checked the weather forecast for the next ten days (up till now it has been all warm and clear).  Next week will be the same till Friday when winter is supposed to arrive.  Well, it seems I have to put the greenhouse panels on the back porch and get ready for old man winter.  Will also have to figure out what to do with my carriages as they can't be out in the weather either.  Then there's getting some hay in the barn before we have to deal with rain.  That's gonna take some doing.  Ah... winter.  What a joy it is.  I must remind myself that it could be worse.  I could be Connie's neighbor and enjoying that upstate winter wonderland.  No offense Connie, but not a chance!

So, happy winter everyone.  Looks like it will be coming a bit early this year.  Hopefully in like a lion and out like a lamb.   Also hopefully we will get a full spring in 2018 and not jump right into mid-summer like this year.  The heat this summer nearly killed both Jmebear and me.

Since the fire our spring on the hill has been trickling and chuckling down the hill again.  No black berry vines to suck up all the water.  What with no fencing, no horses and ponies to play in the water either, poor things.  I have to go up there with the tractor and dig all the rhizomes up to reduce the volume of growth when they come back.  They have already started sprouting.  Wish I could do the project I'd like to.  However that requires a much larger excavator and a lot of plumbing and all that costs money Jmebear doesn't want to spend.... yet.

Much as I love my dogwoods, I think they'll have to go in the ground up by the springs.  They simply don't get sufficient water here by the house and having lost two already, it's time to move them where they have a chance to survive.  As soon as they go dormant, I'll move them up there.

I'll also have to get back to work on the fencing next week.  Otherwise it will likely be another month before we can move Breezy back into her paddock.  There's three hundred feet of electric (three tape) fencing to put up and I have to get on that as soon as possible.  More blackberries to deal with along with buck brush and Manzanita.  None of which can be near the fence that inconveniently needs to pass right through them.  Fun, fun, fun, nothing but fun.

Hope everyone has a great weekend coming up.  Enjoy whatever nice weather is still coming your way.