Quick Post

Columbus Monday

Columbus Monday
  • Wow what a long weekend.
    Friday at Cowies was long.
    I worked on cleaning and repositioning ram board (construction floor covering) The concrete floor staining had been started and finished floors needed to be covered for protection from sheetrock workers. Then I cleaned and pulled up other sections of ram board so more of the floor could be stained. It is a beautiful root beer color.

The 6 guys finished insulating andpoly-ing the ceiling in the great room.
    We left about 4pm. We got home and I changed into riding clothes and loaded up Miss Sarcee. C had invited me to ride. I was exhausted but went anyway.
    I rode Sarcee with the indian reiner and she did fantastic. I am hoping it was the reiner and not just one of her good days. B says she is bipolar.
    It was a beautiful evening. We didn't get home until well past dark.

Saturday I could barely move. I doodled around the house while Pilot went to the airport.
    R called and said Pilot buzzed him. I didn't even hear him fly over. He was checking the new exhaust he put on the Bugcatcher.

Yesterday we work mostly on the yard it was hot but I got a lot of transplants moved. I did a new planting at the SW corner of the airstrip.
    I did not get everything I wanted planted but a good start.

Today our longhorn friends are bringing another cow to Ever After.
    She is the momma to the calf they brought us to wean. She is a good natured cow and the cows in their herd are being mean to her.
    They want us to keep her until their mean cows are calved, weaned and gone.

I wanted to go to Kville for errands today but that can wait until tomorrow.
    I hope everyone has a great day!

• The day got a lot better when I snuck off to TSC "for corn". I got a pair of boots and some gloves. So excited. My old riding boots aren't  working out for me. I had others I used at the farm but I wanted some I could use my half chaps with. There's an event at the rescue this weekend and I'm pretty excited about participating. I think they're showcasing 65 horses. *gulp* I'm pretty sure I'll be busy. :)

So today is great. Rainy but we're back in drought conditions.

I have an anxiety fraught, not very happy person at my house. Not sure what to do. He's seeing a shrink and taking meds. I'm being patient with him.

• Actually should be Lief the Viking Day , Columbus never got close enough to even see Florida. LOL DH you work to hard. :) Got Boots, Nancy Sinatra song came to mind, "These Boots are Made for Walking". Seems that those meds should be working by now, Maybe he needs a stronger dose or a different type of med. Connie I was thinking metal detector to find the keys. Those keys with the chips in them are big $. Hope everyone enjoyed the extra day off.