Quick Post

Long wait Tuesday

Long wait Tuesday
  • We got an email first thing this morning that Cal's daughter's water broke and she was in the hospital and the baby was on the way!  8 hours later, still no further word.  I am starting to feel like a first time father.

Yesterday we attended the celebration of life ceremony for Cal's Mom.  It was over an hour and a half away...we got there an hour early.  A lot of people were there to say good bye.  Children, grand children, cousins...all kinds of family from her side and family from Cal's Dad's side. A sweet little country church.  No longer in use, except for things like this.  It is where Cal's Dad went to church growing up.  Cal remembers attending a lot of family reunions in the grounds behind the church.  We all gathered later at a restaurant for lunch.  Two couples from our church came to support us.  I am so glad they were there for us.  The family can be either hot or cold...never know how they will be but the strength and love of these friends made the time pleasant.

Today we are just kicking back.  He gets three paid days of leave for mourning.  Who would think Birnie Bus would do that?  We did go to Vernon and called his brother from WY to meet us for coffee...he came and brought two sisters, a niece and a brother-in-law with him.  The highlight of that was the owner came in, tapped me on the shoulder and pointed down at a beautiful blue weimaraner puppy.  Abe lost his wife a couple of years ago and it devastated him.  His blue weimaraner, AJ was his best friend and brought him through his loss.  AJ was hit and killed two weeks ago.  So glad Abe got Frankie.  When he told me what happened to AJ tears welled up in his eyes and I stood and hugged him.  So glad he has Frankie...who, by the way sleeps in the bed with his new Dad.

Cal and Ooba are napping in the recliner.  He is worn out from the emotions of the past couple of days.

Hope everyone has a great new week.

• Quite a day you had yesterday, Connie. Bittersweet seeing all the family. Glad you both got through it.

I need to get the boy's train schedule together as best I can. I have his work/training schedule, though he was aggravated that I called and got it from the trainer at the other store where he will be training. I'm excited for him.

Not much today except intensity at work as usual. Got a lot done. We have a new person we all love because 1- she's so nice which wouldn't matter except 2- she does a great job. She fits in well and her immediate coworker is SUCH A PAIN he's always grating on someone's nerves and she's so sorry she took the job. UGH it's infuriating. He should have never been hired but he was friends of someone higher and...we're stuck with him.  I hope we don't lose her.

Okay, the cat's going crazy. Better let him out.

• Sorry I didn't get back here last night.  The baby is here!  She looks to be healthy.  She is  6lbs, 12ozs, 19" long.  No current word but the picture is of a fat healthy baby

We went to bed happy.

Sorry for your coworker, Hunter.  Crabby co's make life miserable.