Quick Post

Saturday Move

Saturday Move
  • Father was moved to a Hospice House yesterday so will be heading to the assisted living place he was at to pick up a few things. 

Hope to get Fancy and Eros out for a ride this afternoon and Apache and Fancy out tomorrow.

In the Fall I finally got Apache to get back on a horse trailer, all 4 legs. Once I accomplished that I dropped that training. Picked that back up a couple weeks ago and got him back on, all 4 legs, a couple days ago. Need to get him on the trailer a couple times a week.

Working on the trailer wiring and hop to get that fully functional this weekend as well. Truck wiring had problems so I got that fixed and now putting a new plug on the trailer and it ain't quite right. I wrote it all down when I disconnected it, not correctly apparently. Then followed color codes, that didn't work. So now I will go one wire at a time. Left turn, check. Right turn, check and so forth. 

• Good morning I slept much better last night .   Pain meds are a good thing ....   I am sorry to hear that your father has gotten to a hospice phase, face .   My husband's parents both ended up being on hospice they passed away eight months apart  so it was about a year and a half of being in limbo back-and-forth between rehab, hospital and finally making the decision that they were done .   My father-in-law luckily was able to make that decision for himself, taking himself off of dialysis  and still being mentally capable of saying goodbye to as many friends as he could in about three days time .  I hope  your father's hospice  is done as beautifully as my in-laws was.

I am heading to a retirement workshop this morning to find out what my options are after 27 years with the school district here .   I am thinking of retiring when I hit 30 years .  

It looks like it's going to be another beautiful day .   After the retirement workshop I am coming home and hitching up the trailer gathering Tahoe's belongings and taking him over to the stable near Kelly for a couple weeks and then he will be home for spring break .   I always feel bad taking him away from his herd and his pasture  to live in a 12 x 24 corral at a big stable but he generally seems content .   She rides or visits him every day and he gets turned out every day because she has friends there that will put him out in the arena with their horses to play if she can't .

Well speaking of horses I need to go feed and get myself ready to go .   As of today I am no longer using the lady for feeding because I am doing a lot better with my ribs .   Putting bales of hay in my ranger is difficult but when Gary is home he can do it for me .   He is having fun riding his motorcycle with a group out in the Borrego  Springs desert  this whole weekend .   I usually go but I cannot sit on the back of a motorcycle with any bouncing right now .