Quick Post

Saturday!! With a little sun.

Saturday!! With a little sun.
  • It looks a bit overcast but the rays are peeking through at the moment. Banana bread in the oven. I want to bake and ship to the kids but I'm not ready to commit that energy. I may wait until next weekend. I think I'll get the mini loaf pans... Banana bread really wasn't on the menu. It's a quick recipe so...easy but I'll see how it tastes. That's it! I have to try it before shipping it! Strange it had no spices in it and I had to add nutmeg because...duh...banana bread!

Boy works today. I'm going to try to run. I've got ham and scalloped potato casserole planned for dinner. Gotta use up the taters. I made a big pot of 15 bean soup the other day so no one will starve over the weekend. :) Gotta take my Angel Tree "gift" (a bag full of gifts) to church, hopefully tonight. One day I may send Christmas cards. I don't want to decorate because the trim (baseboards etc) should be done before Christmas. Honestly I'm not in the mood. To decorate, that is. The speck-of-dirt nazi is watchful over his floors. sheesh. Can we just celebrate we're not on plywood anymore? :)

Anywho - heading along to the next page. Later taters (with ham and cheese).
  • No ride yesterday.

It was drizzling by the time B got here.

And it has been raining ever since. 1 1/2 inch of nice soaking rain.

B is our official tree decorator so that is what we did instead of riding.

I should do some cooking too. I made chow mien casserole for everyone yesterday.

I don't know why I don't make it more often. It is easy and delicious..

I could make my fruitcakes. And cookie doughs can be done ahead.

I don't do the fruitcakes very often. Mine are not like the traditional ones but mostly all dried fruits and nuts.

I need to have some extra heat and eat things in my freezer to send home with my farrier.

He is in a really tough stretch with his wife having Alzheimers and him not being able to cook.

The chili and spaghetti were hits so I can do those again and I have some extra soups made for him.

I need to write him a little super easy open cans type of cook book. If any of you ave contributions?

A soggy horses in muddy pens Saturday.

• Nice looking truck Connie... for a Ford.

Hunter, BTDT.  Happened a lot when I was commuting from Seal Beach NWS to my home in Mira Loma.  Not a lot of ways around the 91 freeway, but I knew them all!

Having a very strange problem with this forum.  If I access this area through the News and Entertainment main forum I'm all right.  If I try to go into the sub-forum of GeneralChat, I get an error screen complaining about an unsecure location.  Strange.

Missed out on a really nice little truck up in the Portland area.  I broke one of my cardinal rules: never trust a drunk.  George was supposed to help me get the truck yesterday.  He instead went to stay overnight with his brother in Redding.  Because I wasn't able to get there yesterday, the truck went to someone else.  I am so done with him!   Ah well.  I'll have to concentrate on getting my present vehicles going.

Well, I hope everyone around here has a great and blessed Sunday!