Quick Post

Wednesday was sleepy

Wednesday was sleepy
  • Yawn...... Got to bed late last night, hubby was up at 3 to catch his flight to Iowa, then I was up at 5:30. After work didn't do anything except feeding all the critters, made pizza for dinner and went and got frozen yogurt. It has cooled off a lot a which is such a relief. Farrier came today and Penny's feet look a lot better. He put shoes w/clips on her. Her feet are really dry lately. She was on biotin before so maybe I need to start that again. Need to call Dover about getting a new helmet since I landed on my head..I've got a Charles Owen, got it on sale about 3 mos ago.... Neck is a lot better. Work is going fine, started working with kids this week, so far my groups seem compatible :). Hope everyone is good.
  • lol wrong section.

• Up early for work as usual. I really wanted to sleep in but try as I might I just couldn't justify calling in sick. Tomorrow's my Friday and it's a 4-day weekend so I should try for sleeping in then. Anything past 5am is sleeping in these days!

We took the kiddo to the all-you-can-eat sushi last night and WOW he can eat a lot. Then Cold Stone Creamery. I have mixed feelings now about that place. It's really close to my house and I've been wanting to go but... the morning after chemical taste is in my mouth. I'll have to look up their ingredients. I try to only eat the good stuff. But if I don't start working out even the good stuff is going to be really bad! Maybe today...

Another hot one here. Wearing yellow for the firefighters today. Not sure if that's a real event or not but I happen to have a yellow shirt so... I'll play! Have a good one!!
  • I sure missed the story about you falling off, Dana!

• Dana, I tried biotin on that Palomino I rescued.  I saw no results.  Put him on BOSS and he grew a new foot.  I keep my other two on BOSS and they have great feet.

• Boss is the answer for feet.

Hunterseat will move your thread to this one

• Thanks amiga!

• I fed them 4 -40 lb. bags of BOSS and didn't think I noticed any difference but I was hoping for Penny's heels to grow and that didn't happen.... I'll go buy more, gee darn... Have to go to TSC!  

Penny and I parted ways on our trail ride last week when she wigged out as we were rounding the corner at the top of our road and the neighbors with racing QH's were working one of the horses in the track next to the road.  We gone past course is being worked there before and she gets very alert but she's never been noddy before.  I made the good decision to move her all of the road onto the plowed field and that is where she started plunging and whirling.  I landed on the corner of my head ,  arm and shoulder and my neck made a crunch.... She ran home and I went and got her and got back on and schooled her for about 45 minutes in the field next to the horse being worked.  She continued to have a hissy fit but I never let her get her head down so then she couldn't buck.  Kept circling and doing serpentines and trying to get her to just walk.  She never did calm down really until we were cooling out outside our gate.  I haven't had a chance to get back on her since then because of other obligations or it was just too hot but finally tonight I got her out and we did some dressage schooling in the arena.  She was amazing!  So she has redeemed herself in the arena at least.  My neck was very sore for a couple days but luckily it didn't seem to reactivate my herniated discs and pinched nerve.  I haven't come off a horse since Cody was three years old!  

Hubby is not enjoying the humidity and heat in Iowa.  Looking forward to the three-day weekend.  We are going to go to the beach on Sunday and hopefully it won't be too crowded.  We saw a new beach when we were down there last Sunday and want to try it out.  It is called Moro  Canyon in the Crystal Cove State Park.

Well better get myself to bed.  Night all.

• I used to get BOSS at Walmart. Sometimes it was on sale.

• I get BOSS from the local feed mill.  It costs $20/50lb.  since each horse gets a cup in the morning and a cup at night it lasts quite a while.  The birds eat more, however but even the little birds love it.