Quick Post

Sunday - Zoo?

Sunday - Zoo?
  • The guys are on their way to the gym so we're getting a late start. I sold the dresser on craigslist. (we're scheduling the pick-up, the guy's a pastor) That will be one less large item I have to help load. Plus it will make my sideboard/buffet easier to negotiate. He doesn't want it. But he's okay with me bringing it. Cuz he knows I like it a lot. :)

We will be at an extended stay/motel room. That's where we were when we first came here from Hawaii. The house is supposed to close July 10th. There's an elderly lady who has lived there over 50 years. Original owner. She's kept it immaculate, too. I guess they were in their 30's when she and her husband had it built. It's a modest little place but I liked it the first time I saw the pictures. Jeff's son went to look at it for us. It's a great price and it's on 1.2 ac. I love that it's on a cul-de-sac and the cat can be safe. Not many homes right there. It's zoned for 2+ acres now. We expect to be able to make some money on it once we do the updates and improvements. I'm really excited. I think everything's going to go well. Anyway, the closing is set back so they can gently move their mom to another place. I sort of feel like offering her the chance to come visit for tea any time she wants. :)
  • YES I know there is snow in the picture! LOL

• Cute place! I can see morning coffee and evening gatherings on that deck.

Not much happening here today. Laundry, crocheting, and possibly a batch of cookies.

Hope everyone's Sunday is great!

• Thanks! Cookies sure do sound scrumptious. :) I best go get ready so the guys can shower, dress and we can get out of here without them blaming me for the late start. hahaha I know how that works.

• Cute place.  From the chimney I am going to assume a fireplace? I like the wishing well.

Saw some photos of the flooding in Texas and Oklahoma.  Hope all our members and their families there are safe and remain that way.

Hubby and I stayed home from Church today.  He is still sick and my allergies/sinus stuff is just miserable enough to make me want to stay home.

Found a huge raccoon on my "bird feeder" deck around 4am.  Got into a fight with the 22 about getting out of "safe" mode, the lens caps and if something was chambered or not...Coon got sick of waiting and left.

Hubby loaned his truck out yesterday and when we returned home from his oldest son's place we had a series of calls from the borrower.  Guess she blew a brake line.  One more thing on our to do list if we ever get well enough to do stuff.

Hubby is ill but has control of the remote and is subjecting me to some classic war movies.  Not my favorite thing to watch but it is keeping him content and that is a good thing.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday....and week.

• We got another 2 inches.

We are on top of the Hill Country elevation-wise so safe here but flooding everywhere else.

The water is needed but slower would be better for everyone else.

The weather has stopped all the projects. And horses are standing in mucky pens. I think I will halter them and walk them down the drive for some bites of grass.

Hunterseat- Cute little place.Nothing like from the frying pan into the fire but I guess I should say freezer?

Enjoy Sunday!