Quick Post

The new love of my life

The new love of my life
  • I loves him SOOO much!  This is Tex and he's a May yearling.  When I first met him over Thanksgiving I was totally freaked out by him!  VERY naughty boy!  Okay, it was night and he was loose and he'd buzz me at high speeds.... all the while I was warned to "watch out for him".  I just wanted a BIG STICK!  But now he's very good!  We spent a little time together and I was really eyeballing my truck to figure out how to bring him home with me. [:)]
  • Tex's sister.  I want a big stick with her.  [':D']  Spunky little thing!!  I think she's 3 months....
  • And that's my baby's mama.  Where my bebe daddy?   OH APPYLADY!!!
  • He's beautiful! Maybe they'll mail him to ya!

Oh, posted too soon! They're all beautiful!
  • Wow! Tex sure grew up nice! He was an ornery little stinker from the day he was born. I don't have a picture of his daddy -- I only have a picture of his (half) sister's daddy. Little Sis is gorgeous! I want her.
  • [quote=AppyLady]

Wow! Tex sure grew up nice! He was an ornery little stinker from the day he was born. .... Little Sis is gorgeous! I want her.

Don't let the gorgeous fool you!  She's a little stinker, too!!  I measured Tex's leg even though he was 1 in May....  It shows him growing up BIG, of course.  He's HUGE now!  Super smart, too!!
  • He looks huge for a yearling! But I don't believe that cute little filly is a stinker. Nope, not possible.
  • Da Nile is a river in Egypt.  [':D']  She's ROTTEN!

I was going to clip a little hair from Tex and have it sent in.  I wanted to check his color.  I can't believe he won't roan out some.  Why not?  And his face has some brown at the muzzle.
  • I pried his face from the feed bucket.... 
  • Don't clip his hair, PULL some mane hair out. Must have the roots! You can test for black, bay, or brown, but that still won't tell you if he's going to roan. You'll need an LP test for that.

The test for LP is imminent, but it's not here yet. You'll just have to wait.

You're pulling my leg. She's not rotten.
  • Wow.  I was dying to thin that mane, too!  MK would have kilt me.

OH!  The LP test!  Goody!  Can't wait!   I thought I saw some roaning but it was just dirt. 
  • Just a few hairs! Not the whole mane. I'd a kilt ya too.
  • So, how tall do you think Tex will be by the time he is a 4 yr old?
  • I'm guessing around 15.3.  Maybe not that big.  His mom isn't really too big.  
  • Tex aka WAR Chief Texas Toby is a good boy! And he has lotsa hair.
    No cutting hair off Appaloosas!!!!
    He is very smart too. Hunter taught him to stand for the farrier in just a matter of minutes.
    His sire is Toby Cherokee Chief