Quick Post

Dani the pony

Dani the pony
  • [quote=mom2rumthewarmblood]

Well Beth is one long legged tall lady, I mean she makes 16.2 Rum look small! So I could see her liking the bigger horses, but who knows?

LOL - yet she looked about perfect on 13.3 hand Toby - purple foam saddle and all!
  • Awww Dani is so Cute ! I love her coloring.
  • [':D']Thanks! She's a sweetie!!  Here she is with her herd. (it was the end of September)
  • She's looking good. Bethie. If her knees are closed, you can start with her. If you don't want to saddle break her, just get everything BUT that done.

I remember that forum member said all her horses were late bloomers, so we'll see.

Dash hossie grew another hand between 2 and 5 years of age.( at least that's what Elwadi says. I haven't seen him but once since I moved here.)
  • She's got a really great foundation. I work with her some.  I'm in no hurry. 
    I found another picture I forgot about....  She really has a tough life! [':)']
  • I post very seldom, but I have really enjoyed watching Dani and the others rescued from Rocky Ridge blossom.  You have done a wonderful job with her.  I remember like others, seeing her on the "for sale" site. 

If you had the time you could most likely clean up with her in local shows entering the color classes.  Kind of sad, that she won't fulfill the wishes of being a larger horse.  But who knows what is around the corner.  In a year from now she may be even more amazing than she is now.

Maybe some short legged person will see her and fall in love with her as you did.  Good luck and keep us posted.  I would also like sometime to see that very large colt of "MomToRums".  I bet he is amazing now.
  • She's beautiful! Sure glad God put her in your hands!
  • Me, too, CPG!!
    Bessie, your post touched me so much because it proves to me that really great people are lurking and it's important for us to remember that, just cuz there aren't more replies, we still have readers, people who just don't feel the need to gab (like I do [:-] )
    One revolting thing about my Dani, she was flung as a newborn.  She bears the scars and I don't know how that would affect her in a halter class.  Certainly it's noticable.  I guess you're talking about color as halter?  I'm not much into the show scene these days but yes, she's incredible!  I had some REALLY knowledgable genetics/color/SSH people looking at her scratching their heads with textbook in hand, trying to figure her out.  [':D']
    Here's a shot of one side, it's on both. It's amazing she wasn't killed.  I have pics from DaneHaven that show these too.  They were totally healed and she wasn't even a yearling when she got to DaneHaven.  It had to have been done when she was a newborn.  It's not uncommon.
    eta: oops - that WAS at DaneHaven Ranch.
  • I'll have to get a more recent shot of her neck and show you both sides, before she grows her winter fur.  (she can really grow some fur!!)

But look how happy she was at DaneHaven's!!  Here she is sassing her mom. [':D']