Quick Post

Dani the pony

Dani the pony
  • Here's the little princess.  She's doing really well - though not much is asked of her.  Still, her disposition is wonderful.  And she's a thinker.  The geldings are so laid back, I really think they are good for her.  (she does have her share of teethmarks)  Keep in mind Zag is 15.2 and I'm long-legged (5'9") so she looks smaller beside us.  This is the only time I've ponied her with Zag.
  • After everyone had their turn at the bridle, Miles wanted his turn, too.  He's never really been ridden, though I've sat on him before.  He's a harness racer, remember, and not sound.  I was by myself so I didn't want to push my luck but I took our reflection in the trailer window.  I thought it looked sort of cool.
  • Beth she is looking good and seems very content to follow around behind you guys.
  • Looks like she did really well!  She's very pretty.
  • Thanks Tanya and sam!  Just a recap: Dani was one of several horses that were adopted/purchased from a forum member in crisis.  She shipped with her mom and another horse from Colorado to DaneHaven Ranch in Harper-by-God, Texas.  After I got through with a 6 wk school in Tx she shipped to me here.  Here I am playing Mom in Texas.  AND here she is with her biological mom. [':)']
  • The coloring on her mom is amazing!  I don't think I've ever seen that before.  Is she with you too?
  • No, her mom has found a good home in Texas. 
    Since we're on the topic, Jill/questisthebest sometimes gets on and posts pics and videos of HER rescue pony from the same herd named Twilight.  Jill was in an equine school, took Twilight up there for her school project and turned her into an amazing little horse/large pony (I forgot which).  I hope Dani gets the chance to be so nicely trained. [':)']
  • Dani looks great! She sure has grown! How old is the girly now?
  • She has turned out to be a real cutie!
  • Dani is 2.  Her birthday is May 8th.  (and thanks)
    She sort of levelled out and then turned butt-high again.  I don't think she's through growing.  I'm probably not going to ride her until she's around 4.  She's behind in her growing.
  • I agree, I think Dani has tons of growing to do still yet! She looks so good ':)'
  • Wow Dani is growing up!  She looks so good Beth, you're doing a great job with her.

Personally I love small horses, I actually prefer them..... and the horse I recently adopted is only about 13.3hh - 14hh, and is about three and a half years old.  I just like small horses, less distance to fall, LOL.

I love Dani's coloring, she's a knock-out.
  • You know I prefer big horses.  There was a mistake in measuring Dani's mom and I don't think I'd have bought her if I knew the truth about her size.  HOWEVER she is so pleasant to have around - it just ain't natural! [':)'] Thank goodness her dam's disposition didn't come with her.  But who knows why her mom is like she is?  It might not be genetic but a result of circumstances.  I always see how awsome Twilight is and wonder if those two are related, her and Dani.  I'm glad I have Dani now.  What I'm going to do with her remains to be seen.  With 4 horses and only one ridable, it might make sense to keep her.  I was on a 14.2 large pony recently and it didn't kill me. [':D']
  • A nice pleasant and quiet disposition is great to find in a horse, it's not easy to find one so sweet and gentle..... I bet she'd make a very nice little trail horse!
  • Dani pics!  What a cutie & at 2 - still plenty of growing & filling out to do.