Quick Post

I have a new job so we are moving

I have a new job so we are moving
  • Well, the contractor to the Air Force in Colorado Springs offered me the job there making $64K a year.  I start on Aug 17th but won't see my first pay check from them until Sep 10th.  It won't be a major issue but I won't be able to get ahead on my bills like I hoped.

Horselvr and I will be asking for our LOA soon since we'll shut down our email about that same time and it'll be harder to come out here for a little bit.

If I don't get to talk to you before then, take care and we'll let you know what is going on when it happens.
  • Good luck with the job and the move i know how that goes my aunt is moving right now and going through all her stuff at my house [:'(]
  • That's great Scott!!! Will you be stationed at Peterson or the AF Academy? Hopefully after you settle in, we can ride again! AppyLady can always come in and ride one of mine. Stay in touch and if you'd like my cell number, let me know! I can always drive up to Springs and visit you guys.
  • I'm working for Aleut Communications Services on Schreiver AFB on a Monday through Friday 730 to 430 schedule.

We'll definitely work out a riding schedule; Horselvr will follow in Oct.
  • Congrats, sounds like a nice deal for you.

I lived in southern colorado 23 years before relocating to Oklahoma. I sure miss it.
  • Congrats on the job! 
  • We're both so darned happy for ya!  This seems to be going just as you planned!  (well...from here, anyway!) CONGRATULATIONS!
    Didn't Horseluver just move from a distance?  Take her moving advice, (even tho it doesn't make sense, at the time) and your move will be as easy as can be!  Don't be a stranger.  We'll need to know where you 'end up'!
    'See' ya soon!
  • Congratulations Scott on the retirement, new job and move. Thank you for your service to our Country. You're going to be in beautiful riding country. Pray all the adjustments go smoothly for you. Be safe and God Bless You.
  • Congratulations! Schreiver AFB isn't all that far from here -- we'll definitely have to get together and ride!
  • Scott, that is great news.  Regular hours and a nice salary to boot.  Best of luck for a safe and smooth move/transistion.  Keep us posted as you can.
  • Great news for you!  Colorado is my native state (Boulder) and Colorado Springs is one of my favorite places.  This is a great new chapter for you!  Godspeed!
  • Thank you everyone.  Unfortunately, I think things are on hold right now while we work out some issues with my security clearance.  Some things have changed since my last investigation and they will have to get approval from their higher bosses before I can start working.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
  • [quote=PaintedLady]

Didn't Horseluver just move from a distance? 

Yea but that was a year and a half ago from Colorado to Texas from there to here New Mexico..

Scott and kids (including mine ) are going to Colorado I'll be sraying behind making sure house is in tip top shape. And ready for selling or renting.. That and its hard just to get up and move when your not sure of the jobs...
  • Time does fly when you're having this much fun!  ';)'  I didn't realize it was a year and a half already!!  From this end, it seemed like it was only a couple of months.  Surely you have some packing advice!  And what to take...and what not to take....
    Really??...if you don't sell the house...you'd consider renting?

• Yes only because I am so upside down in the house.  I took a Home Equity Line of Credit after my divorce to help clean things up and I just haven't paid it down enough yet.  So I'm stuck with it if I can't get enough for it.