Quick Post

Monday, Monday... ba-daaa...ba-da-da-da

Monday, Monday... ba-daaa...ba-da-da-da
  • Your welcome. We can all sing it all day together. [:D]
    I have so much to do I decided to jump in and do this.  Shipping stuff out, packing stuff up, sticking price tags on stuff.  I swore to try the dressage saddle out this weekend and haven't done that yet.  Gotta call the paper and correct a mistake I made in my sale ad. [:@] 
    About the "no bread for lent" idea...  I decided to gage an item like this:  If I went to the store for only bread, would I come out with....." If the answer is no, I eat it!  [:D]  So that solved the pizza, hot pocket and now muffin quandry. I'm trying to use up the groceries I have here so that will be fun when all I have left is cornmeal and a can of enchilada sauce.  [8|] Actually I could probably do something with that.  I'M LUCKY I'M NOT PICKY!! [:D]
    Okay, rolling along.  Hope the week starts wonderfully for everyone and if not, I hope we all get Mulligans. 
  • Good morning from South Texas.. Not sure you want to hear my voice singing along with you Hunter.

I'm loving that I can now leave my horses out 24/7 I know alot of Texas still needs the rain but having flooded pastures for WEEKS was not a fun deal. I will admit I'm loving all the lush green grass right along with my Fur babies.

Got to get the girls up so we can start (home) school. Then have to head out to the barn and get thing ready for the little mare we are bring back tomorrow. Maddison has to get some riding time back on her before we head to Bandera. Plus make sure she is going to travel well with the boys. She was a monster to trailer train. The day we tried introducing her to having buddies in the trailer was a night mare and caused a few problems getting two of my boys back in a trailer.

Hope everyone has a great day
  • Good morning from Central Texas! I don't want to sing either.
    I have been putting my horses in earlier and letting them out later to try and let the grass catch up some. It looked so weird last week driving to town and things were green!

70 and sunny today. If I have time I want to jump on Sarcee for a short ride. She did very well yesterday. Except while saddling she pulled back broke the lead snap and took off. She came right back. It is the saddle blanket. No matter how much I sack her out with it she still gets scared????

Hopefully we are having a couple over for dinner. She and I volunteer together. Her husband has a CAT scan today, probably the same issue as Pilot. We want to council them on *all* the options available.
    Pilot is going to go fly/work on Chupa.

• Love that song Hunter!  I can't carry a tune in a bucket, but I will sing anyway!  My horses seem to like the sound of my voice! 

Trying to figure out details today on the best way to get money here safe and sound from Hawaii.  Anybody have any ideas?  I have a colt sold to Hawaii and he wants to send me a money order.  Not sure if that is the best way.  I told him that the funds need to clear before the horse is moved no matter what method is used to get the money here. 

Sunny and warm here.  The front yard is covered with wild violets and I have seen flocks of wild geese coming from the south going north.  Early for that. 

• We are also waiting for the grass to catch up, By only turning them out to 2 of my rotation pastures, I need three of them to eat Gunners spring and summer pasture down. With him having Cushings and IR right now his life kinda sucks since he is stuck with a grazing muzzle on. Once his pasture is back under control ( mostly dry lot) his muzzle can come off and he can go back to enjoying a muzzle free life with his safe diet [';)']

Mk hope you are able too council you friends on all the options available to him.

I went through the saddle blanket issue with my colt. My quick fix was to use a bareback pad and his saddle pad. I got through the spook getting the saddle pad on and using the bareback pad to secure it on him he could laid down and roll run around like a nut and the bareback pad keep the saddle pad secured in place. Then left him turned out in the round pen for a couple of hours, By the 4th day he could care less. When I started saddle breaking that colt he was your typical stoned out of his mind blonde surfer dude, Would completely forget what he learned the day before.

Of all the horses I have sold he is the one I don't miss
  • littlebit - Cashier's check sent FedEx (or UPS). I work in a real estate office and that's how the title companies send the commission checks.

Waiting for the snow here. After that's over, it's supposed to be clear the next few days. Then I'll have to go up morning and evening to deal with Kabarr's blanket - off for the warm days and on for the nights in the 20s. The grass is beginning to grow here but it's still too muddy to let him out on the pasture. [:@] It would be all torn up.
  • Sitting here waiting for my oatmeal, raisin, walnut cookies to bake...and waiting for the insurance guy to come out an assess the damage to our fence.  He was supposed to be here between 8 and 12 and it is after 11 already with no phone call.  The lady on the phone said if not today, tomorrow, but I had best be here.  Fun.

The hinge on my laptop broke.   Now I have to take it to be repaired.  Windows keeps giving me a message that my wifi is not working (but it does)  and the thing will not shut down properly.  Will have to dig out the desktop.  I know the guy will probably have to order a new hinge, and if he does, it will be at least a week (OH NO[':(']) before I get it back.

Checking out the cookies.  I tried a new recipe, and I am not sure I like it.  Rather blah.  Needs more spice.  I wanted to try some that would (hopefully) stay moist longer.  You boil the raisins in these, and that is supposed to help.

The sun is shining here and it is snowing.  Looked, but didn't fine a 'snowbow'  .  We used to see them a lot on the bus.

Have a great day, all.  
  • I love the Mamas and Papas. Was such a beautiful day yesterday, a bunch of us went to Longbeach and rode. The traffic was lite, so we could get in a good gallop. Today it is raining again, but 60s and sunny tue. wed and thur. My boys have started shedding, so that is a good sign. Hope everyone has a great day.
  • Craziness so far here today. R's truck broke down, his other is in the shop. Pilot had my truck because his truck is broke down. So I had to go get them both and give up my truck. 

Connie I have an excellent oatmeal cookie recipe. I will pm it when I get caught up. 
  • "Monday, Monday... can't trust that day." Now, ain't that the truth?! Was up all night sick... bleh... finally am able to sit upright and no more bad stomach ache, but I feel like a bus hit me (I bet I look like it too). Had to get my forum fix tho so here I am... maybe I'll try to eat a little something while I'm upright. It's just my usual stomach/GI flare-up, but they've been getting mighty nasty, doctor is going to put me on a new med (I have colitis). My two dogs Bailey and Bentley, and my housebunny Ebbunny, all sat up with me last night while I wasn't feeling good, they're the best little nurses ever! They all had their spots in the bathroom and rode it out with me (as well as their places next to my bed or on the bed, lol), my loyal little four-legged family. It's supposed to get up to 52* tomorrow, so I better get over this by then.... I'll wanna get outside for that, hasn't been in the 50's here since last fall! Didn't get to sleep until after the sun was up this morning... so I am going to head back to bed for awhile this afternoon. Yup, those Mondays.... "Sometimes they just turn out that way". LOL. Good song!
  • the best way to get money here safe and sound from Hawaii. 

I have sent money to HI (tuition for son) and sent it with a bank check.  A cashiers check guarantees the funds will be there when the check is cashed, and is much safer, I agree with DG.

The separate appraisal company guy was here today.  He said I should hear tomorrow or the next day about being paid for the damage to our fence.  My biggest concern is getting treated posts set in frozen ground.  There is a really good fence business in the area and I am thinking calling him afterwards to see what it would cost to have the posts set....if he will even come out for the short stretch we have that needs fixing.  This is a roadside fence, it really needs fixing.

We are still blessed with beautiful sunshine, speaking of Sunshine, I swear his blanket is getting tighter across his chest.

Almost forgot, Topper has been coming back from his romps in the big pasture with no signs of lameness!!!!!!  I spoke with the vet at church yesterday, and with his father, the horseman the day before and they both agree that the Isoxsuprine he gets twice a day.  It took a couple of weeks for the stuff to kick in, and I am told that injections work faster, but I prefer pills to needles and the vet told me to keep him on it for 5 or 6 months and then start backing him off to every other day.  The pills are prescription and the jury is still split 50/50 on whether or not they work, but they apparently work on him since they are the only difference in his diet. 

Thank you, MK.  Sounds yummy.
  • I'll spare you my singing voice. I think I could last a day or two on enchilada sauce but cornmeal?
  • [&o] I had emailed the director of the adoption program about putting Miles down.  I was arranging to send him to KY and was trying to rationalize what I could try to help him and my farrier cut me short, reminded me how bad his life is with constant discomfort... anyway I had to listen and every health care professional is in agreement. He's got no quality of life. He can barely lay down. He's got a bad front leg from racing and bad hips from the bad front leg. So I got a reply.  She wants me to ship him back to her.  Okay I can.  But I don't like the thought of him being in pain until he finally dies or collapses. [':('] Let me paste her reply.
     "Why dont you have him shipped back here to live out his days.
    He is not any worse off than Bob cook or Arne. We have cared for them for
    years.
    I think it would be in his best interest, and you can move on.
    He needs a chance!"

HE NEEDS A CHANCE???!!! [:@]  WTH? The past 8 years with me wasn't a chance? She believes in keeping them until old age/natural causes takes them no matter what kind of pain/discomfort they're living with daily. *exhale* thanks *climbs down off of soapbox*

My dogs are seriously getting some anxiety. They know what's up.  Mom's packing.  Boy can't take Major so I'm sucking right now.  All the way around.  Plus I went out and put the dressage saddle on Zag, which I really like. Took him down the road and he royally showed his butt.  I was wondering if I was going to have to bail. Maybe it was the saddle but he sidepassed and passaged all the way home.  LOL What sucks about that little ordeal was I found a bizarre knot on his chest.  I should take a picture cuz I have no idea what it is and it's strange. [:-]

• There's swelling there on that side of his chest for sure. I rode him last Sunday, he was fine but I really didn't do anything with him since.  [':o']
  • [quote=hunterseat]

There's swelling there on that side of his chest for sure. I rode him last Sunday, he was fine but I really didn't do anything with him since.  [':o']

Hard to tell in the picture, so I'm going to ask does it look like an abcess/ucler,  does swelling area feel hard or soft ? Second question ,does he have any fever?