Quick Post

Looking for a dog breeder!

Looking for a dog breeder!
  • I am looking to get a dog maybe next year. I am doing my breed research and not rushing in (my husband and I have to decided if we are buying a house next year first). But I was just wondering if any of you do, or know someone who does, breed Husky mixes. My dream dog is a Husky X Border collies, but I have only found those regularly in Europe, and if I was going to ship an animal from Europe it would be when I win the lottery and get my Gypsie Vanner.

Just curious if anyone knows someone who has Husky crosses, just trying to get more information at this time about the breeds, but will be getting the puppy in the future.
  • I know where a Gypsy Vanner/Morgan cross is. [':)']
    I think a good husky mix could be found at nearly any shelter.  Huskies are such wanderers.  I'd save that shipping cost for your horse!
  • I agree with Hunter that there are a lot of husky mixes and purebred huskies at the animal shelter.  That's where I adopted my husky.  Are you ready for such an active dog?  Huskies are very energetic, predatory, alpha-type dogs who can be houdinis for getting out.  Border collies are very driven herders, very energetic, intense dogs.  Our husky is a wonderful dog but I can't trust her with my cats and no matter how many times she's been stepped on, she still can't resist running after the horses when they play.

What do husky/border mixes look like?  Do you have a picture?
  • I am looking to get a dog with more of the border collie personality. With the coloration of a husky. That is why I am starting my search so early because I want to cherry pick the puppy with the right personality. As for photos, I have a few of my favorites, but as is the way with crosses their looks can very alot!

• Ummm, I can't get the pictures to work, stupid post..... [:@] ,
    I will have to link them differently, but here is the link to my favorite until I get the rest to work.
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3233/2465912853_19934e1706.jpg?v=0

• Huh, not what I would have pictured..... I guess I figured it wouldn't have the perky husky ears.  It looks like a husky with finer hair and features but basically a husky.  Interesting, pretty.  Thanks for sharing.
  • That's a gorgeous dog!  Before you commit, lets us know and we will all hit the shelters and rescues in the area for a dog that looks like that!  A nationwide push to find the perfect dog for you!  He's out there somewhere!
  • Aww, thanks for that! I will let you know, right now I have my hands full with the unexpected addition of an injured week-oldish kitten.
  • Well IMO that is a picture of a purebred longhaired husky see them all the time, even though they are not supposed to have a coat that long they do have throw back in some litter with long coats or one that is husky/malemute mixed I don't see any Border collie in that one pictured.

If I can get photo to post ,this is what I think of as Border Collie/Husky X.