Quick Post

Cats

Cats
  • Hi, just wanted to open the first Thread, about cats. I have one cat which we bring to the vets about once per year to get his hair cut. How often do you take your cat / dog there for the haircut? It's just that I think that my cat's hair grows far too fast^^
  • I've had lots of cats and never cut their hair. I've heard of that, though. Mine have been the standard domestic shorthair. I'm all out of cats now, though, and miss them dearly. It will be a while until I can get one. There are plenty of ferals running around, though. I can at least call to them. [':)']
  • The only hair cutting I've ever done on cats are the snarls that my long-haired ones would sometimes get. Never thought of cutting their actual hair coats.
  • My DIL discovered she was allergic to her cat's hair so she takes it for regular hair cuts.  I priced it once in my area because my Peanut is a DLH and hates being groomed and isn't very good at doing it himself.  He was getting horrid mats and I considered getting him shaved.  But....I put it off, cut/worked out the mats (just like with bunnies, a seam ripper can work wonders and there is less chance of accidentally snipping skin) and changed his diet.  Voila...no problem any more, just he seems to shed a lot.

• @hunterseat Oh, and why don't you have any cats anymore??? That's soooo sad!!! Mine is also a standard short hair, but with sooooo much hair, we had hair all around our place^^ @Connie: great to hear that, well than it's better to bring him to a vet then to try it myself. besides, he would neverl let me touch his belly to cut the hair there. @durangogramma: well, yes indeed. you can do anything with cats, there are even spas loool
  • A friend of mine used to take her Persian in to get his belly/chest shaved in the summer.  He would lie on his back with his belly up, enjoying the cool air ':)'  Have never had a DLH so never thought of shaving them.  Bet they look pretty funny though!
  • GOT A CAT!!      Carmy's gonna be so mad! [':)']