Quick Post

Bunnies!

Bunnies!
  • Don't know if any of you remember, but I used to have a sweet little Havana rabbit named Carrots that I'd had since I was 9. In July, we had to put him down at the ripe old age of 8 because of a cancer that he'd developed on his jaw. We'd had it removed once, but it came back full force and we just couldn't put the poor little man through that trauma again. It took him weeks, a couple months actually, to get back to his normal self, and even then he just wasn't right.

But it's been about three months since then, and now I think I'm finally ready to get another bunny. My little brother brought up when we had to put Carrots down that he really wanted a bunny too. At first the decision was that only HE get a bunny, since I had already had one, but we decided that if we got two girls, we could keep them together.

Today was the day that I finally burst. I NEED my bunny! So I was browsing PetFinder, and look what I found...

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/20208878

CAH-YUTE, right? Talked to Dad, he's going to check it out once he gets a chance to go online (he's in NY at the moment. He's an OTR trucker). We were hoping for some really itsy bitsy babies, but these two sound pretty sweet. He said we might have to wait until spring, but I really miss having my little fuzzy cuddle buddy): Just wanted to share the cuteness!
  • Cute.  The ad says female but they named one Donald?  Look like Dutch rabbits to me.  I had a bunny as a house pet, a French Angora.  Super fella, loved to hop up and sleep on the back of the couch.  He also got his exercise by chasing the cat around.  Bunnies really can be awesome house pets.
  • They're beautiful, and already look to be a bonded pair.  I think you should go look at them!!
  • Bunny update please! [':)']
  • No decisions made yet, unfortunately. Dad's in Canada ATM so anything we do has to wait til he comes back ':P' Not sure if these two will still be available when we get around to deciding (my family takes their time doing EVERYTHING lol). We are for sure getting new buns, the question is when. In all likelyhood, it probably won't be until spring because Dad wants to wait... and he really wants itty bitty babies. So I'm going to keep watching PetFinder to see if there are some little ones. We'll see what happens! Shopping online for a bun makes me nervous though; Carrots picked me, I didn't pick him, and we were best friends. I'm kind of hoping that happens again ':P' I'll make sure to post if anything changes!
  • If these buns have homes before you can get them you could check with your local 4H leader to see if they can point you toward an ARBA (American Rabbit Breeders Ass'n) member who could line you cup with buns who are not show quality but that would make wonderful pets.  Most ARBA members handle the babies as soon as possible to help make them easier to show.  There are a  lot of buns out there that would make wonderful pets and people who raise rabbits are usually just as nice as horse people.  BTW, house bunnies often make wonderful show bunnies because they tend to be in better condition than show bunnies who are generally caged.
  • I would highly recommend adopting bunnies from the Wisconsin House Rabbit Society or the local humane association....check the link here for current bunnies/rabbits.  They need loving forever homes and are so sweet.  I was a member of the WHRS for quite a few years, they are wonderful.

http://www.wisconsinhrs.org/Adoption.htm
  • Sounds like another great option.  
  • My kids and I raise rabbits I raise show rabbits and am a member of the American rabbit breeders Assoc. (ARBA)and my kids show in 4-H. Out of the breeds we raise I highly recommend you look up a breeder in the area who have himalayans, they have wounderfull temperments for pets. Bucks (males) are usually more friendly and social (Does can be grumpy and territorial of cage space) and the Bucks can be fixed usually for less than it cost to neuter a dog or cat. If you had two males that were fixed they shouldent have any problem bonding and wont spray in the house. If you look up the ARBA website you can look at pictures of the different breeds and most breeds have their own specialty clubs who also have websites so you can learn a lot about the breeds before you settle on one. The ARBA also has links to most of these sites and breeder directory. Good Luck!

• As a rabbit raiser too, there is a great website that you can look at by state for all kind of animals. The site is www.bestfarmbuys.com. I use this site to post my bunnies when they are ready for sale. I hope you get a bunny soon, they are small, but loving pals [';)']