Quick Post

Standard Poodle Puppies

Standard Poodle Puppies
  • Well, I *had* a deposit down for a black female. Good news is that there are two females and two males. Bad news is that they are all white. Both parents are black and the 'statistical probability" is 3 black, 1 white. I guess I might be getting a white puppy...

They were whelped Thursday.

• White dogs are so hard to keep clean, but are so attractive!   Amazing that all were white when the parents were black.
  • I know... The reason I wanted black. I keep trying to figure out how a white poodle will do going to a barn environment. I may just have a brown poodle. *shrug*
  • Awwww, how cute ':)'  They look sort of cream.  We have a pure white husky and on our 5 acres of dirt she is kind of a cream/palomino color..... but she cleans up good with QuikSilver!
  • I know. When I first saw the picture, I emailed the breeder and asked if they were going to be apricot. She said, no, that white puppies are born cream and lighten up to white.
  • I LOVE Poodles!!   My family had one while I was growing up, and I've had two (all Toys).  My current Poodle is white, he manages to stay amazingly clean, even after being outdoors.  They're NICE dogs.
  • No poodle for me at this time. Situational changes in a friend's life.
  • It'll be worth the wait! [':)']
  • Yes, I know. I just didn't want people to start asking if I had the puppy yet or... Figured I'd better get the no puppy announcement out there as well as prayer request for my friends (more important than puppies).
  • Last night I had a dream that included Standard Poodles.... about 6 of them.  Someone dropped them off and I wasn't happy but didn't really have time to think about them.  They were hanging around so that was fine but there were some creepy guys in my yard and I heard a noise - the poodles were tearing these guys UP!  I'm really liking poodles today! [':D']
  • [quote=hunterseat]

Last night I had a dream that included Standard Poodles.... about 6 of them.  Someone dropped them off and I wasn't happy but didn't really have time to think about them.  They were hanging around so that was fine but there were some creepy guys in my yard and I heard a noise - the poodles were tearing these guys UP!  I'm really liking poodles today! [':D']

[':D'] [':D'] [':D'] Well, Standard Poodles aren't the most intimidating dogs (not like a Rottie or a Pit - or even a Labrador) but they are big dogs and I'll bet 6 of them on the same mission could do some serious damage. [';)']
  • Well they sure SOUNDED vicious!  [':D']  Made me wonder if my dogs weren't fighting while I was sleeping!