Quick Post

Pictures added: Dobie anyone?

Pictures added: Dobie anyone?
  • Took all the dogs and one horse out for a walk today, got rained on some on the way back.  What a change in Caesar!  He is no longer afraid and had a great time sniffing all the interesting smells, being a dog in a "pack."  Added some pictures in post #1 ':)'
  • He's gorgeous Dana! [':)']

I've been eyeing the Doberman breed for a few months now. Hopefully by the spring we'll have someplace to live where we can have dogs again. [':(']
  • Yes, he is a good-looking boy although pictures don't really do him justice or show how tall he is.  Got a call from someone interested in him last night, sent pictures and hopefully it will go through. The man used to Doberman rescue on the east coast, just moved out here, got a house with a nice yard and is ready to get a dog of his own.  He's retired so would be able to spend the time that Caesar needs with him.
  • Sounds like a great place for him. Hopefully the man can train him well and he'll shape up into a great example of the breed. [':)']
  • Is that boy through growing???  He looks so young!  It's nice to see uncropped ears but don't they look houndy like that?  (no offense to ear croppers)

That man sounds like Ceaser's angel!!  Hope that works out!!!  Sneak him a puppy, too!!!  Better yet, have him over to meet and greet and be sure he sees the pups!!  [':)']
  • Yes, he's about 1 1/2 yrs. old, big feet, etc. so I think he's still got growing to do and definitely some filling out, he's a long, lanky boy!  Heard from the guy that he wants to come see him but dealing with some flooding right now so will contact me when he's got that dealt with ':)'  Caesar really enjoys feeding time now, barking with the dogs along the back fence (things he used to watch from his prison afar) and is starting to look for affection ':)'
  • Dobermans tend to top out at 27 inches or so at the withers.

Reputable Doberman breeders dock the tail at about 3 days old, no if's, and's, or but's really. But ears remain uncropped unless otherwise asked for. Uncropped ears are not a disqualification from the show or sports rings, though most assume so just because the majority of shower's crop their dogs ears.

I find them quite adorable with their ears still intact. [':)']
  • My dad has a dobbie.  I don't think he quit growing and filling out until he was almost 2.5 years old.  I remember how cute Jack looked with uncropped ears.  They did get the ears cropped in the larger show-style fashion. 
  • No doubt they are absolutely gorgeous with their ears cropped. A few dog breeds are, especially Dobermans and Beaucerons. But with their ears uncropped, I think they retain that puppy look.