Quick Post

Hoof trimming wars

Hoof trimming wars
  • Carmy always wins.  [8|]  She is the worst teaser, poor Maggie.
  • Can you see Maggie's shadow over Carmy laying there chewing? 
    Even in the group shot Maggie can't get her mind off of the hoof trimming.
  • Awww, mine love farrier day too!  With Cody, they get tons of hoof too ':)'  Who is the shepard?  Is that your son's?  He's a handsome boy. 
  • Yes. Charlie is a good boy.  Wherever he is in the house, when I tell another dog to do something (sit, lay down, etc) Charlie comes padding in, comes over to us and does the requested command.  As if he's saying "here, let me do that for you".  he's a good dog but also aggravating sometimes.  i guess they all are.
  • Beth, I think you're just to used to your min pin mixes and couch potatoes. [8D] Charlie has become a very active dog after we got him over the heart worm and flea allergy crisis a couple of years ago. I don't think age is mellowing him out at all.
  • Don't take up for him.  He's aggravating and that's that.  ....but only sometimes. 
    MY baby is NEVER aggravating!  [':D']
  • I have to defend my boy! [':)'] The only thing I do not like is how submissive Charlie gets to male strangers. [:'(] If you didn't know it for what it was, it would look like he was cowering. I don't find it at all acceptable in a GSD. [>:]

And I think you find Charlie aggravating because your dogs don't aggravate you, most of the time. [8D]
  • That characteristic of Charlie's is reassuring to me and I tell you why.  He's very smart and I believe he knows exactly what he's doing.  He's not exactly a bully but is a loveable dominant male.  If he was challenged he'd take another dog down in a heartbeat.  TBear is also really smart and they've learned how to be friends and maybe teammates.  In humans I think he knows he's not dominant so he's (of course) submissive.  So he understands the appropriate way to behave around people.  TOTALLY reassuring as a homeowner - the one who gets sued if there's a dogbite.  HOWEVER if a person was bad I believe Charlie wouldn't be all "Mr. Happy"  I'm sure of it.  I believe he knows his job.  (not to mention he's got some powerful backup with Maggie, who often feels the need to put boywonder in his place - he's sort of scared of her - won't push her but so far.  Plus the others who can generate enough energy to power a small villiage.  Charlie wouldn't let you down, I'm sure of it.  But I had a similar GSD before who shocked me when the time came for him to act.  (okay, 2 other GSD's in fact)
    And it's the GSD traits that I can get irritated at if I let them.  Plus the fact that he's not my dog.  It's not his fault.
    Still:  Sugar EVERY DAY OF HER LIFE she's aggravated me!
    TBear: his running around the neighborhood like he owns the place....
    Maggie.... Stealing catfood - typical of Danes who can reach high places without standing on tiptoes.
    Major - he's just psycho
    Carmy..... um.... she's aggravating because......  when I pack to go on a trip she tries to climb in my suitcase. [':)']  no really, her failed toilet training drives me crazy.