Quick Post

Begging your mom for a dog

Begging your mom for a dog
  • I know there's someone here who wants a dog.  I thought, since so many people here are mom's, we could give some advice on how to convince a mom to let a daughter have a dog.

1. Do ALL your chores without being told so she will know you can be trusted to be responsible for more chores, because a pet is work!
    2. Be happy with a very small dog.  I think mom's will fall in love quicker with a little small dog.  Plus they cost a little less to take care of.
    3. Start saving money.  If the local animal shelter charges $150 to adopt a dog, having a good chunk of that to pitch in would go a LONG way!!!  Call the shelter and ask about their adoption fee.  It should cover having the dog fixed so it won't become a mom or dad dog PLUS it will get all its shots and rabies tag.  Some places even microchip their dogs!!

Any more ideas?

• Kelly wants to keep Rusty, not a small dog........ there's a small part of me that wonders if she called the people who were supposed to come on Monday for him and told them he was already taken......?  Nahhhh...... She's a good kid, but she really loves the big goober!  She isn't following thru on sweeping up his hairy mess and mopping up his slobbery spots every day!
  • i really want a dog my mom doesnt because we travel too much. i want a big dog she wants a small dog.
  • Small dogs can travel WITH you!  If she wants a small dog... really, settle for that.  Small dogs can live to their late teens.  You'll be moved out and your mom will still have her little dog!  You can get a big dog to keep your horses company when you grow up, get rich and own a big riding stable!  [':)']  I recommend... um....  a foxhound!