Quick Post

Clean Sally :)

Clean Sally :)
  • This little ragamuffin showed up this afternoon, took us a while to convince her we weren't going to hurt her.  She was tempted, then would turn, tuck her tail and run.  Sausage works almost every time!  Shay is calling her "Sally."  I think she's a poodle?  She was filthy, covered with nasty ticks, hair dreadlocks, etc. but after some snipping, much tick picking and a medicated bath, she looks ever so much better.  She's very verbal, grumbles, kind of moaned her way through her bath but was very cooperative otherwise :)  She's got a funny little grin because she has an underbite so her teeth show.  She actually seems to be in pretty good shape other than the ticks and hair.  Do dogs get Lyme Disease?  She walks very well on a leash, really afraid of our other dogs and would fly at them, teeth snapping if they got near...... We'll have to work on that as it got them into that defensive mentality when another dog acts unstable......  Hopefully we can find a good home ASAP.  Hubby isn't too thrilled to have a replacement for the last foster dog so soon, especially when Rusty is still here........ I'll run her to the vets on Monday to check for a microchip and post an ad for her and Rusty.

Here she is before her beauty treatment.  I'll post the "after" tomorrow.

Closing her eyes in pleasure when the girls were working on her:

• She's a LONG legged raggamuffin!
  • Okay, finally got these uploaded and here she is.  Obviously we aren't pro-groomers but scissors, tweezers and a medicated bath later, she looks MUCH better ':)'  Think we've found her a new home.  Keep your fingers crossed the lady falls in love with her ':)'

• How could anyone NOT fall in love with that sweetie!  She looks so much better! 
  • She is very a cute dog. I love her look after the cleaning session. But I was alarmed of the rumors about the breed of Tibetan Mastiff. In some areas of China, the rise in recognition of the Tibetan Mastiff dog is both an economic boom and animal welfare dilemma. A sign of affluence and protection in Tibet for centuries, the Tibetan Mastiff is getting more popular. Animal welfare activists are raising questions about the $600,000 price tag being paid for some purebred animals.

• KAye, look at some "Rusty" threads in animal house and I think you'll see pics.  He's not the black and tan like in the article you linked.  But that IS alarming.  How bizarre they worship TM's and raise St. Bernards for meat.  [:@]  I'm really not fond of the whole Chinese gov't.  Buncha communists.  [>:]
  • Sally went to her new home today and the lady just LOVED her ':)'  Sally was a little standoffish but I'm sure she will bond quickly.  Yay, another one saved!!

I read that article on the TM's!  Wow, that's a lot of money for dog to keep in a cage....... hopefully they at least have someone to care for them decently if they spend that much on them but the poor dog doesn't really have it's own person.....

Our Rusty is soooooo sweet ':)'  Got neutered today and it didn't seem to phase him except that he didn't do his usual flip on his back and wiggle ':)'  Guess that area is a little sore!  Oh, he weighed in at 106 lbs!!  He's now posted on two mastiff websites so maybe we'll get some action for him.  In the meantime, he's content here, wolfing down about 6 cups of dog food a day!!
  • Wow, great story!
  • Someone in Las Vegas is interested in Rusty!  Keep your fingers crossed ':)'
  • aww!! she is so cute and adorably. i wish she was mine. she looks very pretty