Quick Post

River is at her new home -Look what followed us home!

River is at her new home -Look what followed us home!
  • River is a fast little one!  Twice, she has high-tailed it down our dirt road.  The girls were able to catch her the first time.  The 2nd time she was too fast for me, slipped through the gate while I was hauling a heavy trashcan through!  Hopped in the truck to chase her down and luckily after about a 1/4 mi. she started turning back, hopped in the truck and we went home.  Phew!!  She started up the driveway again yesterday morning-slipped out through the garage door but did stop when I called her.  Maybe she's finally learning her name? 

She's sleeping less today it seems so maybe finally she's getting over the hump and healing ':)'  Hair is starting to grow in except for on her bald sides of her tail.  Been rubbing tea tree oil on it in hopes of helping it heal.  Boy, does that stuff smell!!
  • When we went to northern Cal for my cousin's wedding, we took River with us.  My aunt is giving her a home.  So far she loves her but keep your fingers crossed.  One of her ears was infected and she was having some incontinence.  Blood work just showed that she may have the beginnings of Cushing's Disease which doesn't seem to have a very good prognosis in dogs?  Other than that, she's getting fuzzier and cuter by the day!
  • Oh poor baby!  Thank you so much, and your family, including your aunt for giving her love.  Every good dog should know love.  She knows she's cared for.  God bless you guys and little River.
  • She is such a cute little dog.  She follows my aunt from room to room and has a collection of toys that she brings with her.  My aunt says she keeps track of them!  I sure hope things turn out OK for her because my aunt just had to put to sleep her dear 15 yr. old dog, went thru a traumatic divorce and needs River to last longer than the 2 yrs. the info I've found predicts........  I thought Cushing's was just a condition to be dealt with but it seems to be a bad thing in dogs?

Thanks, BTW.  She was such a good little traveler.  Kelly made her a bed on the 3rd row seat and she would lie there like a princess until she got sleepy, never whined, loved riding shotgun in my lap and sticking her head out the window when traffic was slow and smelling all the wonderful scents out there, was great in the hotel rooms and friendly with everyone.  My aunt lives backed up to a river trail and has lots of dog friends who were anticipating River's arrival.  She said River loves going for walks and meeting new dogs and people.  She's got a welcome party planned for her!  Come on little doggie, hopefully her bloodwork is off just because of the bad living conditions she was in and she'll snap out of it ':)'