Quick Post

Flea trick up my sleeve....

Flea trick up my sleeve....
  • And I sure hope it works!  Here's the 411:  (an email from a dog rescue network friend)
    In Home Depot or Lowe#%92s look in the garden pesticide section for a blue bottle with the brand name Bayer Advanced, Complete Insect Killer.   It says on the back that it will kill fleas and ticks.
    Active Ingredients:    Imidacloprid ………………………0.72%
                                             B-Cyfluthrin ……………………….0.36%
                                             Other Ingredients………………98.92%

Dosage:
    Up to 20 lbs  -  .5 ml    I wouldn#%92t use on tiny puppies.
    20 to 40 lbs.  -  1.0 ml 
    40 to 65 lbs.  -  1.5 ml
    65 to 90 lbs.  -  2.0 ml
    Over 90 lbs.   – 2.5 ml
    Put it on every dog that you own inside and outside.  You don#%92t need to spray anything because each dog will become a flea killing machine.  Within 24 hours after treating the dog, any flea that bites the dog will die within a few minutes.  As more eggs hatch and fleas are born, they will bite the dog and be dead quick. 
    Just squirt it on their back starting at the base of the tail and work your way up their back until you run out of liquid. 
    Try not to bathe the dogs a few days before and a few days after putting this on them.

I first tried this in December because my dogs were covered in fleas and the fleas were jumping on me.  Just before trying it I ran a flea comb through my long hair retriever and got about 20 fleas on the comb from about a 3 inch square.  The next night I ran the comb through the same area and had a LOT of tiny baby fleas but no adults.  The next night I did the same area and didn#%92t have one flea.  That dose lasted two months before the dogs started scratching again.  I#%92ve since brought new dogs in the house who had fleas and I found one flea on my dog but he was dead.  It#%92s a good feeling.

• She also told me : It's active ingredient is Imidacloprid - 0.72%.  This is suppose to be the main ingredient in Advantage