Quick Post

Bear's moving to Florida!!!

Bear's moving to Florida!!!
  • Well, since Easter when the Tibetan mastiff mixes who were strays by my house decided tocome in from the cold, we sent Bear, the black one to the rescue but still have Rusty, the bigger of the two and he fits in quite nicely.  Still looking for a new home for him......... he is a BIG, hairy dog who eats ALOT of food and would like to eat my cats!!!.  He gets along w/ my other two dogs, is the benevolent ruler, even disciplines Annie when she is picking on Skyler unjustly!!  He sticks around, slips out the gate to go mark his territory and then comes right back to be let in.  He accompanied us on a ride, stuck right w/ us but he's so big, hairy and has hip dysplasia so I make sure he's in the back yard where he can't get out because he was pretty worn out.  His hips are feeling much better w/ meds and supplements.  He gallops around here, tail in the air like a flag.  He's a big love bug and a talker.  I need to get him in and get him neutered which will be pricey as he's such a big guy...... Today he gets his first bath!!!

• Big ol' lovable goober!  He is SUCH a great dog!  Thank you for being patient, Dana.  I know the second most perfect family will find him eventually. [':)']
  • He tolerated his bath with great dignity ':)'  Now that he's dry I'll have to go pet him and see if he feels better.  I think he was just glad he wasn't Annie, splayed on her back getting her belly shaved and foxtails and stickers picked out!!!  Even though she hated it, I'm sure it has to feel better ':)'
  • Just got word that a couple in Florida have adopted Bear and he is leaving for there tonight.  What an amazing turn of events for a dog who showed up in January in the field across from my house!  Does my heart good to know he is going to be OK and living w/ someone who will love him ':)'

I've got to make up a flier for Rusty.  The rescue said they would post it on their site to try to find him a home.
  • Big ol' goober Rusty.  [':)']

SOOOO wonderful about the black.  THANK YOU DANA - just for being you!