Quick Post

Rusty found a home!!!

Rusty found a home!!!
  • I was reading back a little ways and realized I didn't post that I heard from the Tibetan mastiff rescue and "Fritz" aka Bear found his forever home in Florida! 

The lady coming tonight called and is having to postpone until next week.

Thanks for your good thoughts!
  • The fact she called says a LOT!  YAY for Fritz-Bear!!
  • Yep, much better than the flakes from Las Vegas who never called again..... although, I hope they didn't meet w/ some terrible mishap on the way here or something!

I had told the lady that Kelly really loves him and is mad at me for getting rid of him so the lady was teasing Kelly a little bit about making sure she would give me the message that she still wanted to come........ ':)'
  • Good Deal! Wish Bear and Rusty could tell their story! You really did a wonderful job with them and know it is hard as you get attached, but so many needy animals seem to find their way to your door. I am sure you are on their list when they need a home!![';)']
  • Kelly: How fortunate that you have the honor of loving these dogs, making them healthy, and finding them just the right forever home.  What you're doing is better than keeping them.  You're sharing them, and making room for more.
    Dana: you know if you build a shelter/kennel out back you could probably apply for your non-profit status... *snicker*
  • Very funny, Hunter.  My hubby would have a cow!!!

I need to start keeping a list of the wayward doggies we've re-homed.  2 I'm lucky to still get to see-My sister's dog, Cirrus and River, that my aunt has and adores.  Turns out River is a hoarder and starts a collection of something every morning.  Whenever she changes rooms, she goes and brings all her things with her-never forgets, my aunt says.  Got an email from one of the mastiff rescues today saying they have someone interested in Rusty so I said send them my way.  I'll take the first qualified one!
  • I just have a feeling Rusty is going with that other lady.  One of the ladies who fosters with TCAR, the rescue I'm helping, had EIGHTEEN dogs!!!  She looks to be near 60+ and not the spry-type 60 either!  (like you and I will be) [':)']  I'd say "I don't see how she does it" but it's a more a case of "I don't wanna see".
  • Rescue lady said not to respond if the guy calls me, that he was arguing about the fee....... don't know what they charge and not sure how that works because I'm the one footing the bill???  Hmmmmm, either way, if he's arguing, then how is he going to pay vet bills and such?  Sigh.... well, hoping the other lady comes thru.  Off to snip some hair on his cheek and see what he's cooking in there with this drainage......
  • I don't mean to sound snarky about my fellow local rescue people but they were all arguing about the possibility of having to pay to get into the Pet Fest.  YES they are volunteers but the whole thing is to benefit all the local rescues.  Honestly, if they can't pay the $5 admission fee, what are they doing fostering umpteen dogs?
    I get what you're saying.  Like people who are asking about rescue horses saying they can't pay for transport.  It's different if you don't WANT to and choose something closer.  But saying that you CAN'T makes a person wonder what they CAN pay for!
    The local rescue has a $150 dollar adoption fee across the board.  And they do home checks.  Right now they have $1800 in vet bills.  She told me today she can't put a young dog down because a person allowed it to get heartworms, it's not the dog's fault.  I can see her reasoning but really, when you're broke, you're broke.  I might have to let those dogs go and concentrate on the healthy ones.  Sounds cold.  Of course, I put my Dane through hw treatment when I got her.
  • A man and his son called, came by today and loved him.  It's so hard because how do you really know they will treat him well?  I asked all kind of questions, Rusty seemed to like them and was his wonderful, goofy self ':)'  The guy wrote down everything I told him, has had several dogs in the past including a Great Pyrenees, knew a mutual vet, gave me all his info. so we can drop by and visit.  He said his family has always had dogs but none were ever his that he chose and he was finally at a point in his life where he wanted his own dog.  When we put Rusty in their truck and his son climbed in the front seat, Rusty wagged his tail and as they drove off, Rusty was wagging his tail ':)'  Poor Kelly cried for a while, makes me feel rotten but it needed to happen....... So I hope, I hope that this is a great home for him.
  • I am sure you had a lot of mixed feelings when they drove off with Rusty. Looking back on the first time you saw him and Bear, you have quite a history with them. Sounds like he has a good home and he is trusting again, thanks to you and Kelly. Good Job!![':D']
  • Great job, foster mom of the year!!!
  • I emailed the guy this afternoon to see how things were going and here was his response which sounds great so far ':)'  Maybe I'll sleep better tonight ':)'

"Hi Dana, Rusty's doing fine,wants to eat Flip my kitty kat. Flip wont run from him so they spend alot of time staring at each other through metal screen door. Last night i had them about three feet apart with no catastrophies- it's just a matter of time before there used to each other. I just hope Flip dosent go crazy and attack him. He slept with me last night and didn't make a peep. He seemed happy when we got home today and all his Purina One was gone. Now i have your e-mail i will keep you updated preiodically if you'd like and when we get cool pictures of him i can forward them to you sometimes it you want ,just let me know. We love him very much. Thank you for everything. We bought him a big rawhide bone but he don't want anything to do with it. He's going to get introduced to the neighborhood this evening, we're going to the park behind my house in awhile. Nice to hear from ya,"
  • Nice update! Sounds like he's met his feline match!!
  • Too cute-he called me tonight while he was out shopping because Rusty wouldn't eat the Purina 1 lamb and rice food he got him and wanted to know what flavor I gave him.  I don't recall but I doubt Rusty will starve himself, he wasn't picky here but then he had competition for food and now he's an only dog.  I mentioned that as a possibility ':)'  They went for a great walk in the nearby park, had fun marking his new territory.  Sounds great ':)'  Couldn't be happier.