Quick Post

Both dogs have come in from the cold (not really in Southern Cal anymore)

Both dogs have come in from the cold (not really in Southern Cal anymore)
  • Today we made great progress w/ Rusty, the stray we've been feeding since the beginning of January.  Hubby petted him for the first time the other day and Kelly has been going out several times a day to pet him and yesterday she got him to come and follow her.  Today she coaxed him across the road and into the house!
    oooooohhhhh, that feels so good!

Rub my belly......

Is he gorgeous or what!????

Enormous head!

He likes to shove his head under your arm and lean :)

Happy Boy!

Goofy Boy

Whatta mug!!!

Loves the kids :)

Come on in, Rusty!

Almost there.....

Front feet in!

He's in!!

Not too sure about this....... but liking the beauty treatment :)

He stayed for about 1/2 hr., with the front door open in case he wanted to leave, then he left and headed for the stream and some cool water!

• Made contact with a Leonberger rescue, they looked at pictures and said they aren't Leon's but maybe Tibetan Mastiffs.  Sent the TM rescue pictures and the rescue lady is coming out tomorrow to see them!  Keep your fingers crossed!
  • Okay, if I have to.
  • The rescue lady called this morning and said after thinking about it, she's ordered a very large humane live trap to catch Bear.  She was worried that if she took Rusty, Bear would wander off..... so Kelly's happy because she has more time w/ the big mush...... His coat is looking so much better.  He has a hot spot on one hip so got some spray for that and gave him a Benadryl.  He did go after one of the cats in the house today!!  Yikes!  Gary commented on how he follows Kelly around.  She was in the bathroom and Rusty was lying outside the door waiting..... Found out this breed is hypoallerginic!  Was kind of wondering about why I didn't get my usual dog allergy issues when we would pet him as we were leaving and didn't get to wash my hands!
  • BOY!  What great protection!  He'd sure keep those girls safe from all those nasty teenage boys that are bound to be flocking to your door soon!  Hypoallergenic??  He's MADE for you!!!  [':D']
  • I read they are flock/family guardians.  So far he's been very friendly w/ everyone coming over.  He squeezed through the horse property gate yesterday to be in w/ us when we were getting ready to leave for our clinic and as we were pulling out, told him to wait there.  When we came back, guess where Rusty was!  Susan, our neighbor said he was waiting there periodically throughout the day ':)'  Wish my own personal dogs were so loyal!!
  • Bump!!!
  • Wait?  What?  BOTH dogs have come in the house now?  Story please!  [':)']
  • Isn't it wonderful???  Patient kindness paid off!