Quick Post

MAREMMA sheepdog?

MAREMMA sheepdog?
  • Hi all, well I have a new family member; my Maremma pup is an absolute sweetheart.  He is a bit timid and also on the thin side- but we are fixing that.  I don't think the breeder spent ANY time with them, and care was not the best.  He is so much like my sweet dog that passed away last Sept.- shelter told me she was husky/lab but I'm sure she was Maremma, also found out there is a Maremma breeder within 30 miles of the shelter.  I signed up for puppy classes too, he is so timid at first that he didn't want to walk anywhere.  I thought I had a paralyzed pup, and he is a big bundle to carry around.  Doing better now, and is already going to the door (mostly) when he has to go potty.  My Corgi is not thrilled but seems to be accepting him, the cats are very curious.  I took him down to the barn yesterday and he was frightened; not sure if livestock guardian is in his future- which is fine since I am happy with him as companion/pet.  darn!  I cannot find my camera- I'll try to post a picture later whenever I find it.  Just imagine a super cute big fluffy white bundle with coal black eyes and nose.
       I'd be interested to hear more about the Corgis, and yes, I had foot surgery a few weeks ago and just got rid of the crutches, so my corgi has not been getting his usual amount of outside exercise.  Although he was starting to act nutty before that so ?
  • My friend said dementia at 10 in corgi's is NOT typical.  But I forgot exactly what you said so... I need to get this info to her and I'll let you know.