Quick Post

Funny Question :P :P

Funny Question :P :P
  • ok well i have a question about horses and bulls..
    can a bull breed a horse? or at least try?
    i was wondering because i have a pony that is i heat right now and we are about to let a bull out of a pen. And there are no other cows around.
    Just Wondering.. :P
    and i am 10 years old, so please don't call me stupid or anything. :) haha.
  • so the horse and the bull will be togeter
  • No, but they sure could aggravate each other!  Someone might have a more scientific answer but I believe the bottom line is "no".
  • No way, but doesn't sound very safe to me either.
  • My mare is in with a herd of cow all the time... I have never seen a bull take any intrest... and it is not a good idea... my parents don't like me in the pasture with the bulls... and personally I don't like it much either but that is the only pasture that is ready for animals... the winters are hard on our fences up here...
    Liz
  • Oh okay thanks.
    well the bull is only staying at my house for about another week and then he is going to be sent to our pasture with some cows, so the horses won't be with the bull. But once the cows come back for the winter (since they are staying there for the whole summer) the horses will be going into a paddock where they won't be with the cows.
    So far the bull isn't showing any interest in my pony, all i seen was him smelling her. But my filly is mostly spending all her time with my gelding.
    But thanks for the help, i think i was mostly just worried at the moment, but they seem fine.
    Thanks.
  • ok everyone, the bull is finally gone haha...he is now out to pasture with all of the cows. but thanks for posting! ':D'
  • Nope, the bulls generally leave the horses alone.  Due to cromosome numbers and other genetic factors in the horses' egg, the bull could never make a horse "pregnant" anyways. 

I would not worry about it. 

We have both cattle and horses, and occasionally they have been pastured together for various reasons and in my experience the cattle respect the horses, which makes sense because we use the horses to work cattle on ranches and in rodeo type events!
  • Oh okay, thanks, that helped!
    yeah my sister (she was the one who posted this question) she was just worried about her pony. But she said thanks (i dont let her post on here since she is too young.)
    Thanks! ':)'