Quick Post

The latest addition to my herd! Palomino Quarab colt!

The latest addition to my herd! Palomino Quarab colt!
  • April 17th, 3:30 am, Country Bo Kay ( bay half Arabian) gave birth to a flashy palomino colt with a neat blaze,  hind stockings and a gorgeous head !  The sire is my palomino AQHA stallion, Bred To Be Golden.  A first foal for both of them.  I sure was surprised at getting a palomino as the mare comes from a LONG line of bays.  He is a big colt, can barely fit under his 14.3 hand mother and he was born hungry.  He tried nursing on his leg and any part of me he could reach.   Didn't take him long to find the udder and he nursed for a longer time then I had seen any of my other foals nurse for their first time.  Now for the hard part....a name!
  • He is a doll, so spunky and full of himself already!  Congrats!  Looks like a good match if you want palominos!  My mom's bay mare had a palomino and then a buckskin!

Names:
    Bred to be Country
    Country Bred
    Golden Bo Kay
    Bred for Gold
    Country Wildflower Bo Kay
  • AWWW!!!!  For heaven's sake he's a mess!  I just love him!  Is he sooty, do you think?  I'm not good with genetics....
  • Great names Dana!  Thanks!  It ususlly takes me months to come up with a name.  I love Country Bred and Bred To Be Country.  They are at the top of my list now.

Hunter, it is pretty early to tell if he will go sooty.  But whatever shade of palomono he turns out, he will be a looker!  I already have had two inquiries on him.  They want pics of the sire and dam.  I will take some as soon as or IF it ever quits raining here!