Quick Post

Lets see them BABIES!

Lets see them BABIES!
  • This is Axle.  Local horse trader called me and said he couldn't sell him so he came home with me.  He was in need of everything, shots, feet, teeth, worming and had been gelded but got an infection.  This was last month and he looks so much like Shadow I have people stopping to ask if they are related.  Nope but look alike!

He is filling out now and slicked off.  His hinny is taller than his front now.  He is coming 2 in June or July as best as I could tell from his teeth.  He's gentle, and doesn't seem too bothered with much.

• Shoot it didn't show my pics.  Ok here they are again, I hope.
  • Well, =]
    Nolita is coming along great. I can pony her off of my gelding merlin. She cross ties, stands like a broke nag for the vet and farrier (just every once and a while she gives me a little yearling ADD like nipping and such) Which includes chest shots muwahah. She loads (and trailers), clips, bathes... I can pick up any of her hooves at any point in time. She looks for the bit when I put a bridle on her and I can give my 7 year old sister pony rides on her for short periods of time (no more than 3 minute, dont want to hurt her ya know?) She likes going on walks around the property, through the woods and by the lake. She will walk on the road and not freak at passing cars while she is grazing off the road. (allthough Im weary of desensitizing her completly from cars, I just dont think thats a good idea!)
    So yeah, she is doing great. I have been doing alot with her since she has been born and it has paid off so far=]

Mom said she wanted to sell her. So I told her okay but we gotta wait till I can get her trained to see if she is worth keeping or not. I think she will be, if she can do all this and she is just a yearling then just imagine when shes full grown. But I told her that if she is worth keepin we will know it when she is broke and if not then we will sell her and get a dead broke horse hah.
  • Aww- axle is so cute. I like the name too. Did he come with it?

• Just a few more of My baby =P
  • Wow!  What gorgeous babies!  Wanted to comment on each one, but the whole thread don't show up and now I can't remember them all....  But so gorgeous.

I don't have babies, per ce, but I DID buy my colt at a 1 1/2 years old, he was really skinny when I first got him.  That is the first pic.  The second is a recent one,  wudda been a great pic if my daughter hadn't left it on 'antique'.....  He is fillin out quite nicely.  My colt will be two this July.  He is a mustang, whether full or half we don't know.  If he is half, the other half is QH.  His name is Boo! and he has the most gorgeous blue eyes, the last pic is from this winter, tryin to show off his purty eyes....
  • Here she is!  A beautiful, perfect palomino Quarter horse filly with a big blaze and two flashy hind stockings!  Foaled yesterday, May 13th out of my cremello mare, Call Me Pinky.

Pinky was a first timer and foaled a little early with no signs.  She was very protective and I had to tie her to a tree so we could treat the foal's navel.  She hit her nose on the tree and as you can see from the pic, scratched it up.  The last pic is her sire, Sierra Blazen
  • [quote=littlebit]

Here she is!  A beautiful, perfect palomino Quarter horse filly with a big blaze and two flashy hind stockings!  Foaled yesterday, May 13th out of my cremello mare, Call Me Pinky.

Pinky was a first timer and foaled a little early with no signs.  She was very protective and I had to tie her to a tree so we could treat the foal's navel.  She hit her nose on the tree and as you can see from the pic, scratched it up.  The last pic is her sire, Sierra Blazen

=o =o
    She is amazingly gorgeous!!  I love palominos. Shes gonna be a flashy one she is.
    Such a good mama being protective, she will learn over time there is nothing to fear.  And Daddy is gorgeous too =P
  • Thank you ShadowFox.  She is my fourth palomino, and I am pretty sure that I am going to put her up for sale, even though I would love to keep her.   I also have a 2 yr. old colt, a yearling filly, and a 12 year old mare.  The dam is getting better about being protective. 
  • Here's my boy when he was a baby!

And just after Christmas:

And here's his baby girl/sister (oops, yeah) Sugar Girl

Sugar Girl now:

And his half sister Cajun

Cajun now:

and another half sister Fancy

Fancy now:

his full sister Brandy

half sister Little Bit

Little Bit now:

• What pretty babies everyone has.
    PaintedChick you sure have a bunch of pretty painted ones too!
  • Here is a new pic of my palomino filly.  She is now two weeks old and cute as can be...unfortunely, I must sell her as the business where my son has worked for 17 years is closing and will lose his job soon. 

The second pic is of Mariah, my palomino yearling-yes there really was a palomino under all that winter dirt!
  •  
    ohhh sooo many amazing babys [':)']
    here is one of my stallions ( carajillo ) ... born 2006

first pic is when he was two weeks old .. next with 10 month .

and then with 2 1/2 years

• Vindelou as a foal with my husband in his horse poo picking up attire
    and
    Vindelou as a three year old
  • Love all the pictures- time for me to share my baby.  I delivered him on a cold Feb. night last year and now he is almost 16 mo. old... ahhh- growing up too fast!!!