Quick Post

Amateur Photographers Needed!

Amateur Photographers Needed!
  • I just launced a new website - www.myhoofpics.com - where you can create photo books and other cool products, like calendars, tee shirts, coffee mugs, etc., using your own digital photos.

But, here's where I need some help--and I can pay (very modestly!) for your photos if I post them.  The concept is that the site has an Online Library of "back-story" photos from various shows and events that people can use to supplement their own photos and add interest and color to their own photo books.  These are the photos that no one thinks about taking--the center ring, warmup arena, wash racks, show office--all the things that make the show, "the Show!"  Although I'm trying to learn, I'm not much of a photographer yet, and if you're going to one of the last few shows of the season and would like a list of the types of shots I'm looking for, just email me and I'll send to you.

And, I'm also looking for general horse "lifestyle" photos--the farrier nailing a shoe, interesting detail from a bridle, a water bucket frozen solid--you get the idea!  If you have photos you want to submit for this "All Things Equine," you can email these to me as well.

My email address is:  [email=myhoofpics@gmail.com]myhoofpics@gmail.com[/email]
    Thanks for your help!

P.S.  Because the site is so new, we have a FREE PHOTO BOOK offer for a limited time.  If you try it, I'd love to receive your feedback!
  • I forwarded this on to a photographer I know.  She does get paid to take pictures at Weddings I think but she does not support herself through photography.  She owns horses and could surely get you some nice photos of icy horse stuff..

Unfortunately I cannot use your website because I don't have Vista XP - I am still using Millenium...
  • Hello there!
    What type of photos are you looking for. I am a graphic Artist/Photographer in the Minneapolis area. I have been taking photographs for awhile and I am always interested in new opportunities. I tried launching your photo book portion then realized it wasn't compatible with Firefox ':(' only ie 6 and above ':(' . I also noticed it's taking a long time to load I assume your working out bugs trust me I know how websites can go lol.. Have you sold a lot of products so far ? Do you do custom printing? If your interested in some more template designs for your products let me know. Good luck with your business
    Sincerely,
    Amanda Zoss
    Graphic Designer

• Hi Amanda,
    Thanks for your post. Any way you can open Internet Explorer as your browser?  The software needs that to be able to download properly.  I'm sorry--I wish it was compatible with every browser, but it's so robust, they could just use one, so picked the most popular one.   

I just started doing a few posts and email blasts for the site this month, so it's taking awhile to start getting the message out.  The books are actually produced in Calif., and the process is totally automated--no human hands touch the products until they get to the post office.  (Don't know why I find that so amazing, but I do!)  But, the quality is absolutely beautiful, and what you can do as far as editing, backgrounds, etc. is terrific. 

I AM going to want some more template designs for page backgrounds as soon as I can afford it, so let's definitely stay in touch.  The types of photos I want are things that reflect the horse "lifestyle" in an unusual or artistic way.  A couple that we've got on the site right now that I especially love are the arch of a hunter's neck, showing the perfect braiding, and another one is a blue sign, "Horses" on a coral stucco wall from the show grounds in Albuquerque.  Things like that--that no one would ever think to take on their own--are the kind of shots I'm looking for.  Right now, I'm paying $2 for every photo I post in the Online Library. 

Thanks again, and do let me know if you can get into the site, and if you do, what you think. 
    Best,
    Cheryl