Quick Post

Horse Hair Pottery

Horse Hair Pottery
  • Horse hair pottery makes a wonderful unique gift. Select from a variety of pre-made horse hair pottery of you can custom order any shape on our website or store. We currently offer a wide variety of vases, urns and wall decor. You can also send us a sample of your own horse's hair and we can make a special piece of horse hair pottery to immortalize your favorite horse.
    We also offer horse hair letters in two sizes. You can custom order names in either 7" letters or 4" letters. These make great stall names or wall decor.
    Please visit out website and online store hosted by art fire here:http://www.madstoneraku.com

• VERY cool!!!  *checking web site now*

Okay, I mean I'll have to check it from home.  Durn work computer is blocking it.  Typical.
  • I read the title as Horse Harry Potter.... [:-]

The ceramic pot is fired to a temperature around 1200 degrees Fahrenheit and removed from the kiln. The horse hair is then applied to the pot. The hair immediately ignites and takes on a life of its own "squiggling around" as it burns. This creates a unique black pattern on the pot where the horse hair has touched it.

I've seen horse hair pottery before but I never knew this was how it was done. Very cool! This is something I would love to experiment with if I had access to a wheel and kiln again. [':)']
  • Really its awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I seen the  horse hair pottery for the first time its good.
    ===================
    Earl Nunes
  • My trainer just did this with a chunk of hair from each of her horses (past and present) makes a REALLY cool sculpture for her desk!':D'